Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DVDizzy Issues

Go down 
+11
McCrum
blackcauldron85
Disney's Divinity
jeangreyforever
DisneyFan09
rodrigo_ca
Dipper
CoolZDane
Mooky
Disney Dusty
D82
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DisneyFan09

DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Hey guys. It`s DisneyFan09 here. I`ve learned about this board from JeanGreyForever. It`s nice that this board has been created for us in the meantime, yet I hope that the issues with the old boards will be fixed soon.

jeangreyforever likes this post

Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Welcome!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:46 pm

I'm sorry about that issue, Disney Duster. I thought you could only get a virus if you clicked on the spam posts. ? I don't have Norton Antivirus at the moment and was thinking about getting it recently, but I might make it a priority now just to be safer with this site. Hm? Does anyone else have that issue? I know on DVDizzy, there was a page in the The Sword in the Stone thread that caused a virus for some reason years back and so I would never go through the whole thread because of it.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 pm

My husband is an IT guy, so I assume that the computer is protected, and I haven't gotten anything bad. We have a program called "UBlock Origin" and it has a "1" so I am assuming it's blocking something... I don't know if the computer only has the basic Microsoft security program...but I haven't seen anything indicating that there's a virus on this computer.
Back to top Go down
DisneyFan09

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 3:24 pm

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Welcome!!!! Smile

Thanks, my friend Smile

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dipper

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 4:37 pm

All good points about joining an existing forum. Didn't think of it that way, was just throwing out an idea.

There was an old forum I use to visit, I think it was Toons on DVD? that place shutdown and a lot of people just went to other websites, like Toonzone and Animated Views. I don't think they were given advance notice. hopefully DVDizzy returns and maybe the forum can finally be fixed.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 5:46 pm

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Hey guys. It`s DisneyFan09 here. I`ve learned about this board from JeanGreyForever. It`s nice that this board has been created for us in the meantime, yet I hope that the issues with the old boards will be fixed soon.

Glad to see you made it! I've also let Aviator and Redadoodles know.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 6:46 pm

I'm so happy you're here too, jeangreyforever! Very Happy You've been truly missed. With every new movie, trailer or news story, I was always wondering what your opinion would be. You contributed a lot to the forum; it was much more alive when you were there.

And, of course, I'm glad DisneyFan09, rodrigo_ca and Jules have also found out about this place! Smile

You're doing a great job contacting DVDizzy members, blackcauldron85!

I'm sorry you have that problem each time you visit this forum, Disney Duster. I haven't had any problem with viruses here so far, but it's a serious issue, so I understand you can't continue coming here. I hope the old forum is back and we can see you there.

Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 pm

I cannot take all the credit- The mystery Bluray.com member contacted most people! And yes, JeanGrey- You have been SOOOOO missed!

Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi D82! I've missed you dearly. Thank you so much for your kind words. You are such a sweet person that I know your words are genuine and you truly believe them, even though I would flatter myself if I felt what you said was actually true.  Embarassed I've always felt if anyone, you were the one who kept the site going. If there are any mods to be appointed to this new forum, I believe you and blackcauldron85 would be the ideal choices (provided both of you would be interested of course).

And I just saw your post,  blackcauldron85, right above mine after I posted. Thank you so much again as well for everything! You really have assembled the cavalry by putting in the time and effort to seek out all the old players and reunite everyone here.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:22 pm

So, one concern that has been brought up, and we've lost members over it already, is the fact that there are viruses/ads/not so wholesome stuff on this forum. I must have some good pop-up/ad blockers and anti-virus stuff, because I'm not encountering any of that. I know that some have mentioned maybe trying to make a forum elsewhere. I know there are some torn feelings...if DVDizzy comes back, some would prefer to go back there. But then we have the issue of certain members not being able to post at DVDizzy. Does anyone have feelings about this? There are no wrong feelings on this- I don't have a gameplan at all. Just trying to get a consensus.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:48 am

I think I've been lucky so far because I haven't encountered any issues with this new site at all. It would definitely be great to try and find a way to get those users back who were struggling with being able to access this site. However, I also know that a lot of new users have joined this forum since they've long since wanted to join DVDizzy but couldn't because of the site glitch. I've invited several people myself from many of the different places I've browsed online and there's been a lot of interest to join, so I would feel terrible if we couldn't find a place for these new users as well, whether they're from Blu-ray.com or Fanpop.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:10 am

Hey. I found out I can use my phone instead of my computer! So I can still post! Can't make an avatar or banner though! Sad

Glad to see so many members back, and new ones!!! I have to single out I am so happy my email friends Jules and jeangreyforever are able to be here, too!

Hey, can someone post a link to that "The Future of These Forums" thread? I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 3:51 am

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I cannot take all the credit- The mystery Bluray.com member contacted most people!

It's true! Thanks to that person as well!

jeangreyforever wrote:
I know your words are genuine and you truly believe them, even though I would flatter myself if I felt what you said was actually true.  Embarassed

But it is true! Smile Thank you for such kind words. I feel the same way as you. I don't think what you said about me is true either, but I also know your words are genuine. I'm flattered you thought of me for the role of moderator, but it's a huge responsibility and I really think I'm not the best person for that. But I agree blackcauldron85 would be a perfect choice.

Disney Dusty wrote:
Hey. I found out I can use my phone instead of my computer! So I can still post! Can't make an avatar or banner though! Sad

That's great! I'm so glad you're still able to post here. Click on "UserCP" on the toolbar at the top of the page and then on "avatar" or "signature" on a toolbar just below the other one to add your avatar and banner.

Disney Dusty wrote:
Hey, can someone post a link to that "The Future of These Forums" thread? I can't find it.

Here you are: https://disneymania.forumotion.com/t288-the-future-of-these-forums

It's in the section called "Site Rules & Updates".
Back to top Go down
Mooky

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:35 am

Is there a way to change the display mode from dark to something less straining on the eyes? I looked in the User Control Panel but couldn't find anything. It only happens when I use my laptop; on my phone, the forum's display mode is white.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:12 am

Disney Dusty wrote:

Glad to see so many members back, and new ones!!! I have to single out I am so happy my email friends Jules and jeangreyforever are able to be here, too!

I'm so glad to see you were able to fix your issues, or bypass those issues anyway by using your phone. That is strange though that you don't get any viruses from using this site via your phone whereas your computer gets infected.

I'm so happy to be reunited with you as well! DVDizzy (or Disneymania now) would never be the same without you here. I love you

D82 wrote:

jeangreyforever wrote:
I know your words are genuine and you truly believe them, even though I would flatter myself if I felt what you said was actually true.  Embarassed

But it is true! Smile Thank you for such kind words. I feel the same way as you. I don't think what you said about me is true either, but I also know your words are genuine. I'm flattered you thought of me for the role of moderator, but it's a huge responsibility and I really think I'm not the best person for that. But I agree blackcauldron85 would be a perfect choice.
I guess we will both just have to take each other's words describing the other to heart then. I love you The reason I thought you'd be a great fit for a moderator is because a lot of the times it was either you or blackcauldron85 who would post updates or news about Disney, so in a way, you were always sort of guiding the forum anyway.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:06 am

OMG Duster, you are back! I'm so happy! Do you have anti-virus, ad-pop-up, or other security software on your computer? My husband is an IT guy, so if you need any advice on that front, please let me know!!

JeanGrey, yes-- DVDizzy has had issues for a while, so it's amazing to have past members that couldn't use the site, current members, and new members all in one place. It of course would be a group effort if we did move to a different forum-- Because of the concerns some people had brought up, I just felt like feeling people out in terms of other options. But if this place isn't giving issues to members, then so far so good.

If I were asked to be a mod, I would be happy to, and that's kind of you guys to say! Heartless has selected Disney's Divinity (look in that link D82 provided), who I definitely recommend as well, so we'll see if they accept! Smile One thing that Heartless did mention is that if we need a long-term solution (such as if a mod can't ban spammers or erase spam, if only the admin can) is having to build our own forum. So we'll have to see what happens. But again, we'll need a consensus and it'll have to be a team thing!
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:18 pm

DVDizzy's back, everyone!!! Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

CoolZDane likes this post

Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:40 am

Thank you D82 and JeanGreyForever! This community just wouldn't be the same without either of you!

What I meant by I can't have an avatar or banner is that because I can't use my computer, I can't use my computer to...oh wait, if I upload my images, maybe! Thanks D82!
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:01 am

Oh, I didn't answer blackcauldron85! Sorry! Thank you, and yes, my parents have great anti-virus software.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:25 am

Perfect, just wanted to make sure!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Dipper

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 3:52 pm

Bittersweet news about DVDizzy being back. Sorta nice while it lasted. I would try to stay here, but doesn't seem worth it. The look and ads are kind of a turn off! And everyone that is able to post seems to have gone back. I think I'll try joining Animated Views. I hope to see some of you there that are in the same situation. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:33 pm

I'll be staying here but I might check out Animated Views as well since I never posted there. I always saw it more as a resource for information and articles rather than an actual forum to post in.
Back to top Go down
Dipper

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Are you locked out of your account on DVD? I always enjoyed reading your post there Smile
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:46 pm

I'm planning on being on both forums, if there is enough interest to keep this place going. I made a note to try the forums at AnimatedViews and Blu-ray.com...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVDizzy Issues
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next