Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DVDizzy Issues

Go down 
+11
Disney's Divinity
jeangreyforever
DisneyFan09
Jules DeMalte
rodrigo_ca
Dipper
CoolZDane
Mooky
Disney Dusty
Farerb
D82
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Is the dvdizzy forum down for anybody else?
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:59 pm

I PM'd you obviously, but in case anyone else comes here, yup, it is down for me, too. Sad

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 7:06 pm

Oh, yay! That was fast. I wasn't even sure if you'd see this. Very Happy I checked the memberlist and apparently Sotiris never made an account back when this place was first made. I wonder if you need the Administrator (Heartless) to approve new members or if the place can operate without an active administrator. Unfortunately, Heartless is also the only moderator which means there's no way someone could delete all the spam unless Heartless revived. Sad I hope Sotiris thinks to look here though.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 9:26 pm

I just sent Sotiris an email...
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:12 pm

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I just sent Sotiris an email...
Good thinking.

You know, as an aside, I wonder if we all made a new forum so that new members could join if it could still be linked to on DVDizzy? I mean, sort of like the old forum is still there and everything, but a link to the new forum is right beside it. We could make threads that would link to the threads by the same name on the old forum (even quote from the old forum on the new forum). That way the content from the old forum would never be lost, but everyone could continue on and new people could join, too. I have no power there, but I wish they'd go for an idea like that since none of us know enough to be able to fix things on that front. I know the forum is the last of Luke's worries though, I'm sure. It's just sort of sad there are no booming Disney forums on the Internet these days.

proBoards is a really good site although I kind of hate the like system. I had actually thought about starting my own Disney forum once. But I know it would take forever to cultivate enough people for conversations to be much fun.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 10:25 pm

I think it's a great idea to have links between the two. I'm down for whatever- I have no knowledge of starting a forum, but I think if this place got cleaned up (no spam!) and people knew about it, it's a nice place to have when the main site is down...
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Hi Disney's Divinity and blackcauldron85! I'm glad to find you here! Very Happy

I remembered you talked about this alternative forum the last time DVDizzy was down, Disney's Divinity, but I had to go through my browser history to find it, as I didn't bookmark it back then.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I wonder if you need the Administrator (Heartless) to approve new members or if the place can operate without an active administrator.

I can confirm you don't need an administrator to approve you to become a member. I've just joined the forum and you just need a username, a password and provide an email address and you can immediately start posting. Unfortunately, judging by the number of views the new threads have, I bet not many DVDizzy members are aware of the existence of this forum.

I hope the old one is fixed soon (hopefully for good this time), but in the meantime it's great to have this alternative.

Disney's Divinity and blackcauldron85 like this post

Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:11 pm

YAY! Happy to see you here, D82! bounce flower Like a Star @ heaven

It's very interesting looking through these old threads and seeing Lazario (No-Personality). I do miss his takes on things. I tried to make a poll in the Polls & Games section, but had issues creating one. When you click new thread, it has a button at the bottom of the page that says "Add a Poll," but when I click on it, nothing happens. scratch It might be my browser though. Maybe one of you two can check it out sometime to see if you have the same issue or if it's just me.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:23 pm

The "Add a Poll" option didn't work for me, either (I just tried it).
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:24 pm

^I've checked it too and I have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:32 pm

Oh, darn. Well, it's not the end of the world. I can still rank... Twisted Evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 pm

There now, no more spam in this forum at least. Smile I'll leave it at that for now, lol. If anyone else wants to start some threads (like the Oscar threads) because you had something to add or news, feel free. Smile
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 12:43 am

I'm glad the spam has been removed. Smile Thanks to the forum administrator for that. Well, yes, an Oscar thread would be a good idea since the nominations are announced tomorrow. I'll try to create one.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 12:52 am

I contacted Sotiris on twitter and told that DVDizzy is down, I hope the issue gets resolved.

I have been reading The Disney Princess book and I was about to post something about The Princess and the Frog that I found interesting (and perhaps some of you might already know like the Mediterranean setting for The Little Mermaid) but the site was down when I tried to post it Sad

I finished the book yesterday and I've been doing a marathon of all the Disney Princess films (Raya and the Last Dragon sort of inspired me to do it), it made me reevaluate some of my thoughts on the films I guess, especially The Princess and the Frog, I might watch that and Tangled again before I continue to Brave and the others.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:45 am

Farerb wrote:
I contacted Sotiris on twitter and told that DVDizzy is down, I hope the issue gets resolved.

Thanks for doing that. I also hope the problem gets fixed.

Farerb wrote:
I have been reading The Disney Princess book and I was about to post something about The Princess and the Frog that I found interesting (and perhaps some of you might already know like the Mediterranean setting for The Little Mermaid) but the site was down when I tried to post it Sad

I had heard about the Mediterranean setting before, but I'm not sure if it had been confirmed by Disney or not. Maybe it was mentioned in the DVD audio commentary, for example; I don't remember it now. When I was a child I thought it was set in Denmark since the author is from there, but a Mediterranean country makes more sense. Speaking of the setting, I remember seeing a puzzle of a castle very similar to Eric's many years ago, but I haven't been able to find it again. Do you guys know if it was based on a real castle?
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:48 am

The book confirms the Mediterranean setting:

The Disney artists moved the story from the frigid Baltic of Andersen's native Denmark to a warmer, sunnier that suggested the Mediterranean, probably off the coast of southern Italy. Elements in the costumes and building suggest an equally vague time in the late seventeenth or eighteenth century. Musker says, "Rowland Wilson- he's a great draftsman-designed the Prince's palace. He did a drawing that we loved that combined these Mediterranean elements, making it a palace unlike any other Disney fairy tale palace, with the whitewashed stucco. He was really going for a warm southern Mediterranean feel that he thought would be attractive to a mermaid who'd been stuck all her in life in the cold ocean."
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:57 am

Thanks for posting that quote from the book, Farerb! I think they made the right choice by changing the original setting to a warmer one.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 2:27 am

D82 wrote:
I'm glad the spam has been removed. Smile Thanks to the forum administrator for that.
Yes, thank you to Heartless. Smile Glad to see more people here now.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Do you think it'll be a good idea to market this place? As in let people know? I know there are some Disney fans at Blu-ray.com but they can't register to DVDizzy, but perhaps they can do it here... The thing is that once DVDizzy is back up, we'll just go back, won't we? So maybe this could potentially be pointless?
I thought maybe putting a link on my signature or something...
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm

I don't think it would hurt. I'm not sure what Sotiris would think though. I'm surprised they haven't showed up here yet, actually. Question

I was thinking, when DVDizzy comes back u,p of maybe transcribing threads from there to here. As in I would make a couple of posts at the beginning of every thread here filled with quotes of "[Person 1] Said" then "[Person 2] Said" and so on from the same threads at DVDizzy, so all that content could never be lost (and then I'd save it on a file somewhere, too, so it could be easily transferred to another forum if this one didn't work out. Razz ) and then anyone who posted here could interact with it, too, possibly? It would take a long time, but I could do it little by little over time, Disney Discussion first and foremost. I may not do every forum though, possibly just that one, and then a wide number of the basic threads in Off-Topic, Movies, Music, & TV, Polls, and Non-DVD Discussion. It would be a side project. Smile jocolor
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Whatever you need, I'm happy to help. We'd probably have to have a shared spreadsheet in GoogleDocs or something, listing all the threads. Maybe we'd sort it between whoever works on it by year of first post (like someone starts with either May 2003-October 2003, for example, or by title of thread (either someone takes all the ones with "Princess" or "Nemo" in the title, or someone takes all the threads starting with "R"; we'd need some kind of system...it's kind of my nerdy specialty, so I'm available to help! :p

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 11:06 pm

And isn't there any way to fix the glitch the DVDizzy forum has? I agree new members should be able to join and something should be done to remedy that problem, but I would prefer we stayed there if it's possible, instead of moving everything here.

Regarding promoting this forum, I don't know if that's a good idea. There are only four of us here. I think we have to know what the others think about it first. Maybe no one else wants to come here and then, if new members have joined, they'll be left alone.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 2:16 am

I already put the link on my signature, but I can delete it.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 2:54 am

Hey. I'm glad Heartless removed the spam, but I am surprised I haven't seen him post here...?

The taking threads from DVDizzy to here idea is way too complicated for me to process, but I could follow some simple directions if someone asked me to transfer some threads.

Does this forum allow pictures in signatures?
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 11:34 am

Disney Dusty wrote:
Hey. I'm glad Heartless removed the spam, but I am surprised I haven't seen him post here...?
They posted here: https://disneymania.forumotion.com/t288-the-future-of-these-forums#749

Quote :

Does this forum allow pictures in signatures?
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DVDizzy Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

DVDizzy Issues
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next