Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DVDizzy Issues

Go down 
+11
Disney's Divinity
jeangreyforever
DisneyFan09
Jules DeMalte
rodrigo_ca
Dipper
CoolZDane
Mooky
Disney Dusty
Farerb
D82
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 12:38 pm

Yeah, I definitely think a consensus among DVDizzy members would be best, and yes, it could be confusing to some to have discussions going in both forums. I think we are just kind of making lemons out of lemonade here. If possible, we need to get the word out about this place to DVDizzy members, and let them make the judgment call, if they want to join here while the other site is down.
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:46 pm

I'm glad to see you here too, Disney Duster! Smile

Farerb wrote:
I already put the link on my signature, but I can delete it.

Personally, I'd wait to know what everyone else thinks, but do whatever you think is best. On second thought, if there really are people who want to join the forum and they registered here, maybe that would force us to find a solution and either fix the old forum and move everyone there, do the opposite, or keep both running. Though, like Disney Duster, I don't think it's that easy to move things from there to here. And there wasn't that much activity in the old forum already; if we end up having two, maybe people will split between them and there'll be even less activity in each of them.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
If possible, we need to get the word out about this place to DVDizzy members, and let them make the judgment call, if they want to join here while the other site is down.

That's a good idea. Does anyone have a way of contacting at least some of them and letting them know we're here now?
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:49 pm

I emailed one former UD member today, but who knows if they'd want to join here... I probably mostly have contact info for people that haven't regularly posted in years, but maybe we can come up with a list, using Twitter or YouTube or Instagram, like if we follow their own pages, you know?
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:50 pm

I told Marce82, but I don't have a way to contact the others.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 6:13 pm

I started looking on Twitter for members I follow, but it looks like some don't allow PMs on there... We will figure it out...maybe stalking on social media... *Sigh*.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 9:52 pm

I know professorratigan on the Funko forum, but I PMed him around January and I don't think he ever logged in. That Funko forum is dying, which might be why, news seems never to get posted there anymore. :/ And of course Escapay has his site. Neither of them really posted though, so they might just file it away. I think I've seen Julian Carter on some other animation forum before, I forget where. I think it might've been the site SpringHeelJack started (I think that was his name).

As for disneyprincess11, DisneyFan97, bruno_wbt, unprincess, estefan... I wouldn't know how you would find them at all. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:17 am

Thanks D82, glad you are here, too!

Thanks for telling me those things, Disney's Divinity. Glad you and Amy and farerb are here!

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mooky

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am

Hey guys, glad to see you all here! I figured you'd move here after the DVDizzy forum crashed again. I unfortunately have no real contact with anyone outside of the old forum, so had to search far and wide to a link for this one. Anyway, I'm happy to see our little Disney community is somewhat restored.

Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:49 pm

I'm glad you found your way here, Mooky!

Yeah, I was thinking yesterday when I Googled to see if this website would come up easily that the fact that it's named Disneymania means a bunch of content about the CD series with the same title would clog up any searches for this. And I forgot a few names in my last post that are coming to mind now. DVDBuff, Sicoe, and occasionally BelleGirl posted, too. And the poster with the Maleficent avatar (Jolie), I forgot what their username was.
Back to top Go down
CoolZDane

CoolZDane

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Well, about a year ago, I tried making an account on DVDizzy, but I seem to have difficulty having it activated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqeQHsY-b31adYZxVW43Hag/
Dipper

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello! Smile Long time lurker of DVDizzy. Would sign up but can't because of "the glitch" -- no, not Vanellope! I found your site thanks to Farerb mentioning it on Bluray.com. Although it's great you have a backup forum, wouldn't joining another forum be easier? Like, for example Animated Views- https:// forum. animatedviews. com/index. php (remove spaces)

Most of you already have accounts there, Disney Duster, blackcauldron and again Farerb! (how do you have the time!?) Seems like a nice website with friendly people. Oh well, probably doesn't matter much since DVDizzy will come back soon. Has Luke said anything? I don't do social media....
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 4:10 pm

I don't really have the time, sometimes I even take breaks for a week or so. I do everything from my smartphone and all the tabs remain open, so sometimes I check things before I start my job or at launch breaks or before I go to bed. I only use a computer nowadays for work related things, other than that everything I do is on smartphone.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 8:00 pm

I'm glad you also found us, Mooky! Smile And hi CoolZDane and Dipper! It's great to meet new Disney fans. I'm glad you can finally join us here. Smile

Dipper wrote:
Although it's great you have a backup forum, wouldn't joining another forum be easier? Like, for example Animated Views- https:// forum. animatedviews. com/index. php (remove spaces)

Most of you already have accounts there, Disney Duster, blackcauldron and again Farerb! (how do you have the time!?) Seems like a nice website with friendly people. Oh well, probably doesn't matter much since DVDizzy will come back soon. Has Luke said anything? I don't do social media....

That didn't occur to me. Actually, I'm a member of that forum too, though I just joined to be able to take part in the Oscar contest they run each year and I've never posted anything or read the comments there. Maybe it's not a bad idea, though wouldn't if feel a bit like intruding, if we all suddenly joined that forum?

From what I've seen, Luke hasn't said anything yet. I hope they're working on it, though.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
And I forgot a few names in my last post that are coming to mind now. DVDBuff, Sicoe, and occasionally BelleGirl posted, too. And the poster with the Maleficent avatar (Jolie), I forgot what their username was.

It's lord-of-sith. I didn't remember the user's name either, but I'm still able to see the main page of the Disney Discussion section of the forum once I get the error message if I go to another website and then back. There are also DisneyFan09, Rumpelstiltskin, UmbrellaFish, Clindor or Kyle, for example. I know DisneyFan09 has a blog, but unfortunately I didn't bookmark it and I don't remember what it was called.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 12:13 am

D82 wrote:

It's lord-of-sith. I didn't remember the user's name either, but I'm still able to see the main page of the Disney Discussion section of the forum once I get the error message if I go to another website and then back.
You can actually open everything related to the forum that way--it just means taking a very long time.... You can right click on the link of every different forum or page, choose Copy Link Location, put it into your browser, then go to another website and hit backspace. What's curious is that the front page shows the top four forums' last posts were on March 13th... But when you go to Off-Topic, General DVD Discussion, or Movies, Music, & TV, the posts it shows at the top are from a date older than that one. Disney Discussion is the only one showing the actual last post that was made.

You know, I wonder if the glitch had something to do with Daylight Saving Time (although that would've happened March 14th around 2a.m.)?

EDIT: No, I was wrong in thinking you could go to any page that way. I think it has something to do with what you have left in your own history / cookies. I can go to the pages I've visited recently, but when I tried to go to say, the first page of the The Little Mermaid Discussion thread, it won't load. I suppose because that thread goes back to 2005 and most of the first page are avatars & banners that I don't already have loaded.

EDIT: For someone with better Internet than I have, here's Sicoe's YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/c/VladSicoe If you have an account, you can send them a link to this place.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 am

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I think it has something to do with what you have left in your own history / cookies. I can go to the pages I've visited recently, but when I tried to go to say, the first page of the The Little Mermaid Discussion thread, it won't load. I suppose because that thread goes back to 2005 and most of the first page are avatars & banners that I don't already have loaded.

Yes, it must be that. I can also open 2 or 3 pages apart from the main one, but I think it's because they're the last ones I visited.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 5:54 am

Which specific member told you all that?
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:21 am

Julian posts sometimes on a site I visit, but I don't think you can contact posters there, though...FARERB- you posted about us on Bluray.com and brought us new members!  Woot!  Duster and Mooky- I'm glad you guys are here!  Dane & Dipper, welcome! Thanks so much for joining!  (I'd say hi wholahay_brown, but with -2 rep, I'm not sure if you're here to talk about Disney!)

I think I have an account on a lot of forums- I remember back in the day either trying to find one (I was a member of DisneySites baaaaack in the day and then found Ultimate Disney/DVDizzy), or also throughout the years, UD had its lulls so I'm sure I joined other forums but never really used them.  I have not heard from Luke but I have not reached out to him this time.

D82 wrote:
Maybe it's not a bad idea, though wouldn't if feel a bit like intruding, if we all suddenly joined that forum?
I mean, it's a forum, so maybe they'd enjoy having new members.  I've thought about it, but we're a community, so I mean, if we all shift over there, maybe.  And RIP all of our threads (archive.org might help with keeping some).

I just emailed Vlad.

Oh, and going back to posting old UD threads in here- I'm not sure if that was talked about in this thread or not- one thought I did have is that people may not want their usernames and words used elsewhere, so maybe we could paraphrase what others said, you know?  Save the pages on our personal computers but not share any info about other posters?  I don't want anyone feeling violated or upset...

*edit* I have emailed 3 members and PM'd one on Twitter so far.

*edit* I just posted a link in a Tweet...I think I'm followed by some members...I'm not active on Twitter much at all. I didn't reference UD/DVDizzy just because I'm not trying to replace or anger anyone!
Back to top Go down
rodrigo_ca

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:57 am

So this is where you have been hiding Razz

Thanks to farerband blackcauldron85 for letting me know about this place

It seems worrying that DVDizzy is crashing repeatedly. I like the idea of inviting everyone we can here, at least for safety if someday DVDizzy goes down for good. I don't really like moving to an already established forum since we already have our ways and I feel like it would be barging in Laughing

As for saving all the old threads, there seems to have a better way to do that. I don't know if you knew ffshrine, but it was a "music sharing" website that went down out of nowhere and the users managed to save a backup of the whole forum at once to initially preserve the links that were shared. I'll look into how they did it

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:19 am

Hey everyone. My computer seems to get a virus every time I come here. So, sadly this will be the last time I can chat with you guys, at least in this way. I don't know how, but I'd like to stop getting email notifications about this place, too, since I can't ever check up on what the emails are about without coming here. I am over on Blu-ray.com, and fererb is there, too. He can tell me what stuff is going on in private messages on Blu-ray.com, and in private messages with him I can share my email with people who want it. If DVDizzy returns, so will I, but until next time I talk with any of you, au revoir I wish you all the best.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 am

rodrigo! Glad you made it!! Duster, oh no!! I just PMd Farerb asking if my email address can be passed along to you!!
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:17 am

Aaaaaaah!

A mystery blu-ray.com user called Kuja contacted me there to tell me about this place. Still don't know who he/she is, but they sure know me! Very Happy I'm under a completely different username and avatar at that place, so I'm impressed!

I was aware the site was down this last week or so. The last time it happened I was worried it was down for good, and contacted Disney Duster and pinkrenata. Of course, it came back up eventually, so this time I didn't fret. However, I have to say it's taking awfully long. We're all in the dark, aren't we?

For the record, you guys can find me as DecibelGuy on blu-ray.com. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:21 am

CoolZDane wrote:
Well, about a year ago, I tried making an account on DVDizzy, but I seem to have difficulty having it activated.

I've seen you a lot on blu-ray.com, but I don't think we've ever talked. Very Happy

Well, I registered there in 2009 and have only 70 posts to my name, so I haven't exactly set that forum on fire ... Razz
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am

Jules!!!! I love you I'm glad you are here!

I think we all need a group email chat or text chat or something so we don't lose touch in case we have forum issues down the road. We have a nice community...I've been a member for 15 years and that's a long time. I know that one bonus of online life is anonymity, but some way that we don't lose each other.

I signed up for Blu-ray.com one time to see cover art but I don't know that I've really posted there. Is there a lot of Disney discussion?
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:31 am

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Jules!!!!  I love you I'm glad you are here!

I think we all need a group email chat or text chat or something so we don't lose touch in case we have forum issues down the road. We have a nice community...I've been a member for 15 years and that's a long time.  I know that one bonus of online life is anonymity, but some way that we don't lose each other.

I signed up for Blu-ray.com one time to see cover art but I don't know that I've really posted there.  Is there a lot of Disney discussion?

Coincidentally, these last few months I was mulling a Facebook group of past and present UD members. The problem with it is that it is limited to those who have Facebook accounts. (Many do, but I'm sure some do not do Facebook ...)

Also, a group call would be amazing, but naturally those who prefer to stay anonymous will not like it.

Blu-ray.com is huge! However, the discussion there is more likely to be centred on the home video releases than on the movies themselves. Then again, I haven't really explored that forum, so I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:50 am

I wonder how many past members would be interested in keeping in touch. My original Facebook account did have some UD members as friends, but I got rid of that account years ago when I was going through a hard time and needed a break. I do have a FB account now, but I barely use it (I signed up because the dog rescue I volunteer with posts volunteer stuff there)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVDizzy Issues
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next