Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DVDizzy Issues

Go down 
+11
McCrum
blackcauldron85
Disney's Divinity
jeangreyforever
DisneyFan09
rodrigo_ca
Dipper
CoolZDane
Mooky
Disney Dusty
D82
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
D82

D82

DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2022 2:15 pm

Jules DeMalte wrote:
It seems to be down with alarming frequency lately! Wonder what could be wrong ...
Yes, I don't know much about computing, but I guess there must be some problem that keeps causing that. Let's hope there's a solution for it.

By the way, Jules, as you probably know, tonight's the Eurovision final. I saw you made a thread about the contest last year, but I rarely visit other sections of the forum apart from the Disney one, and didn't see it until much later. I thought of commenting this year and say how much I agreed with what you and Farerb said there, but since the forum is down now I haven't been able to do so.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Eurovision was much better in the past. I used to be quite excited for the festival each year, but now sometimes I don't even watch the semi-finals and just the final or use the phone while I watch it, for instance (which is something I normally never do), due to the quality of the songs, many of which sound the same to me. Some countries take it more seriously than others, though, and tend to do a good job. Your country is one of them, in my opinion, and also Israel or Sweden, for example. The Swedish song is my favorite this time for the second year in a row. Though, my favorite usually doesn't win, so that doesn't bode well for that country. Razz I also like Belgium or Switzerland. I've heard the favorite is Ukraine and I'm not surprised. I wasn't sure if they would participate this year or not due to the war, but I knew if they did and the song wasn't too bad, they would be likely to win. And it turns out it's quite catchy, plus it's like a tribute to mothers, so I think there's a high chance they will. I don't think it's the best song, but I wouldn't mind them winning this year. Have you listened to the songs? If so, which are your favorites?

Edit: Finally, Ukraine won as it was expected. I doubt they would've achieved it if not for the situation in the country, but the support they've received from the public of Europe is nice to see. And I didn't expect Spain would end up so high on the ranking! We don't usually do so well.

Sorry for posting all this here, by the way. I know it's totally off-topic and should've gone elsewhere, but since there's not much activity on this forum I thought maybe it would be OK to post it here.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 2:30 pm

There's a new animated movie announced but the site is down and we can't talk about it unfortunately.

I don't want to post it here because then we'd leave this site and it just feels pointless.

D82 - I haven't watched the Eurovision this year because I'm not a fan of Michael Ben David and our song was embarrassing and we didn't make it to the finals, first time in 8 years I think. Which isn't surprising because this year was the first time the winner of the X Factor in here got to go, usually it was a different contest that did it, and they usually knew who should represent us (it was more Eurovision focused I guess).
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:43 am

Site is still down!

D82, I was thinking of creating a Eurovision thread this year as well, but I wound up never doing it. I think when the site is back up I will create it anyway and call it the Late Eurovision Thread, lol.

D82 wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Eurovision was much better in the past. I used to be quite excited for the festival each year, but now sometimes I don't even watch the semi-finals and just the final or use the phone while I watch it, for instance (which is something I normally never do), due to the quality of the songs, many of which sound the same to me. Some countries take it more seriously than others, though, and tend to do a good job. Your country is one of them, in my opinion, and also Israel or Sweden, for example. The Swedish song is my favorite this time for the second year in a row. Though, my favorite usually doesn't win, so that doesn't bode well for that country. Razz I also like Belgium or Switzerland. I've heard the favorite is Ukraine and I'm not surprised. I wasn't sure if they would participate this year or not due to the war, but I knew if they did and the song wasn't too bad, they would be likely to win. And it turns out it's quite catchy, plus it's like a tribute to mothers, so I think there's a high chance they will. I don't think it's the best song, but I wouldn't mind them winning this year. Have you listened to the songs? If so, which are your favorites?

It was the other way round for me this year. I watched both semis, but abstained from the final, which I know sounds dumb. I was tired of the contest, and didn't feel like investing another 3.5+ hours of my time watching a show in which I'd already listened to the majority of the songs. Of course, I missed the Big 5 songs, and I will have to listen to them later since I haven't yet done so.

Agreed that it's not fair to tar everybody with the same brush. I'm glad you like our entries, though I'm not happy at all with our latest contributions. I think we were at our best in the '90s and and early 2000s. In my opinion we were sending quality songs with almost total consistency, and even the rare "dud" wasn't too bad or unlistenable.

I wish I could remember more of Spain's entries. Crying or Very sad I know you guys tend to send good songs too, but right now I can only remember two! The first I wasn't fond of; in fact I think it might have been a joke entry. I remember a weird guy with a moustache, singing a retro-sounding electronic song. It was in Spanish, and I recall the words "Robocop". The music video had the singer in a lot of poorly green screened shots. (I think the poor quality may have been intentional.)

The second one was a lovely song which sounded like it escaped from a stage musical. I don't remember the name, but I recall the word "chiquitito" was repeated often in the lyrics. I can also roughly remember the main melody, lasting about 30 bars in 3/4 time (waltz.) It had a striking stage presentation, looking like a toybox. I think the singer had curly ginger hair. I loved it.

Oh yes! And during the performance, somebody from the audience went up on stage for his "11 minutes of fame." tongue I remember noticing, and thinking wtf?

Later, the announcers said Spain would repeat its performance, so I knew I wasn't crazy, lol.

I think these date back to about 10 years ago. I haven't watched or listened to them since, and I purposely did not look them up before writing this. All the above is from memory.

I'm not sure re favourites yet. I watched both semis, but was really tired and started to space out after the first 8 songs on each night!

I can vaguely remember some of the ones I liked, but cannot remember which countries they represented! Hmph ...

Farerb, I definitely remember Israel's entry. It mesmerised me! Though maybe not in a good way. lol!
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 12:07 am

Site is back
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed May 18, 2022 1:56 am

Farerb wrote:
Site is back
Finally! I'm so glad it's back! Very Happy

Thanks for your replies about Eurovision, Farerb and Jules. Now that Dvdizzy is back maybe we should continue the conversation there. If it's OK with you, I'll reply to your comments on the Eurovision thread you created, Jules, or on a new one if you want to create it, as you said.
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Is it down again? ☹
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 1:02 pm

Yes. It seems to go down everytime I go to the theaters.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 4:26 pm

We know who to blame for the site going down then. Razz I'm just kidding. Well, we'll have to wait again.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptySat May 28, 2022 7:23 am

I wonder if the site had more resources ($$) if it'd go down less, or if that has nothing to do with it. I honestly feel bad sometimes that we have such a great community on the forum that we're all grateful for, but the main site isn't as visited as it once was, you know? I feel bad for Luke, honestly. I wish it had a bigger presence. I don't know if Disney stopped providing interviews and Blus/DVDs for reviews, or if other studios offered those in the transition to DVDizzy. We know how great the site can be. I'm blabbing at this point but it's weighed on me for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptySun May 29, 2022 3:34 pm

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I wonder if the site had more resources ($$) if it'd go down less, or if that has nothing to do with it.  I honestly feel bad sometimes that we have such a great community on the forum that we're all grateful for, but the main site isn't as visited as it once was, you know?  I feel bad for Luke, honestly.  I wish it had a bigger presence.  I don't know if Disney stopped providing interviews and Blus/DVDs for reviews, or if other studios offered those in the transition to DVDizzy.  We know how great the site can be.  I'm blabbing at this point but it's weighed on me for a while.  
I almost wonder if it's been down more often than usual the past month because the site is being worked on to some degree. At least, when it came back the time before last, new members were able to register again.

And I noticed something odd just now when I decided to Google DVDizzy and it looks as if "Disney" may have been added to the forum title? At least it appears as "Disney - DVDizzy.com" (and it has the link that would go to the main index rather than any particular section of the forum--if the forum was working right now). I know I had suggested that maybe if Disney was in the title somehow that it might draw more traffic over time from fans of Disney to the forum--and then on to the main site where reviews are--even though the main site is for all types of films rather than Disney-only.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptySun May 29, 2022 6:04 pm

I remember you suggesting that. Disney reviews are still done, so even if the main focus isn't Disney anymore, it may be smart to include it in searches to drive traffic. The site is such a wealth of Disney knowledge, with reviews, interviews, and the forum that it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 2:18 pm

Site is back

blackcauldron85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 12:17 pm

This is getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 12:45 pm

What's wrong again!? :-(

Wish I knew something about these things so at least I could speculate what the problem might be.

Did anybody mention what went wrong during the few hours the site was up?
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 3:50 pm

I don't think so. I don't know anything about how these things work either, but this is getting a bit worrying.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 5:01 pm

Site is back.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 12:34 pm

D82 wrote:
I know it's totally off-topic and should've gone elsewhere, but since there's not much activity on this forum I thought maybe it would be OK to post it here.
Forum down again?
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 12:49 pm

Disney's Divinity wrote:
D82 wrote:
I know it's totally off-topic and should've gone elsewhere, but since there's not much activity on this forum I thought maybe it would be OK to post it here.
Forum down again?

It seems so. :-(
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 1:58 pm

I planned to go to the theaters tomorrow so for some reason it's a day early this time.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 4:58 pm

Farerb wrote:
I planned to go to the theaters tomorrow so for some reason it's a day early this time.
It's getting worse, now just you planning to go makes it go down. Razz Well, at least it was up when the Strange World teaser trailer dropped and we've been able to comment on it.
Back to top Go down
McCrum

McCrum

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 10:34 pm

Has anyone explained why it is happening so often? Technical problems or something else?
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 4:02 am

D82 wrote:
Farerb wrote:
It's getting worse, now just you planning to go makes it go down. Razz Well, at least it was up when the Strange World teaser trailer dropped and we've been able to comment on it.
Yeah but there are early reactions for Lightyear and now we can't discuss them Sad
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2022 10:13 pm

McCrum wrote:
Has anyone explained why it is happening so often? Technical problems or something else?
Not that I know of, but it's possible it has been discussed in the feedback section of the forum, for example; I usually only check the Disney one. It's true that it's happening very often lately. I also wonder what the problem might be.

Farerb wrote:
Yeah but there are early reactions for Lightyear and now we can't discuss them Sad
I've seen most of them are quite positive, but there are some negative ones as well. Anyway, I've learned not to trust early reactions too much. I think we'll have to wait for the full reviews to really know what critics think of the film. I've read that the review embargo lifts next Monday. I hope the forum is back again by then.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 5:19 am

Site is back
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 11:42 am

Down again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVDizzy Issues
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next