Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DVDizzy Issues

Go down 
+11
Disney's Divinity
jeangreyforever
DisneyFan09
Jules DeMalte
rodrigo_ca
Dipper
CoolZDane
Mooky
Disney Dusty
Farerb
D82
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 1:21 pm

Farerb wrote:
Down again.

You went to the cinema, didn't you? Lol

Honestly not sure how the forum can attract new members when it's offline more than online.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 2:41 pm

Down again?
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 pm

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Down again?
Yes. The period it has been working has been longer this time, so I was hoping maybe the problem had been solved, but it seems it hasn't.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 6:21 pm

The forum is back, but it seems it has returned to an earlier state. Many posts have disappeared and it doesn't seem to be working properly. Does anyone know what happened?
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 am

No idea! :-(

It looks like a glitchy mess. Most posts have no content in them. It's like it has all been erased.

I thought this was a hosting issue or something. Now it is starting to look more like something intrinsically wrong with the forum software.

And if so, I now worry not about whether the site is online or not, but if the content (incl. Forums) risks being corrupted. I would be devastated if almost 20 years of human interaction on UD were to disappear into thin air. It would be like losing half my memories.

blackcauldron85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 1:47 pm

Yeah, that would be horrible. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm also worried. The forum was back to normal earlier today and I was able to read the new comments and post a couple myself too, but now it's again like it was a couple of weeks ago. It seems it goes back and forth between these two states, which is very strange.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 11:40 am

So...uh...what happens now? What wit the forum actually being viewable but not functioning. It briefly worked Friday morning, I think, and then everything went back to June 7th, so.... Not all posts are empty, it seems pretty random which posts still have their content and which don't. Time to move on to the new forum idea again? I know Sotiris or who else fiddles with the forum to fix the issues probably has a real life and can't work on it at the drop of a hat, so maybe it may resolve itself in a few days. Just a shame it went down again so fast after it came back up, normally we have a week or two.

Part of me wonders if this has something to do with the forum having so much content built up from 15 years of use. I know there aren't as many posts as there once were back in its golden days, but maybe the place is sort of maxing out? I'd say move some of it over to archive format, only I'm not sure how that would be do-able and all that (from the outside).
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 1:01 pm

Honestly, it seems to me that all these problems started after the recent forum upgrade, in which registration was finally re-opened.

I wonder if the new lines of code that fixed that huge problem broke other things that were working fine.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 10:13 pm

For people with DisneyMovieInsiders accounts, here's a code: PROVINCIAL for 25 points.
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 5:19 am

I just went into the "Strange World" thread on UD.

D82's last post looks empty at my end. However, I tried to replying to it directly using the "quote" button, and the content showed up in the reply box!

This is good news. It means that some of the posts are invisible, but the content itself has not been erased.

I tried posting the reply, but the forum software stopped me, telling me that there were "too few characters" in my post. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 am

Well, I guess there's Animated Views for people to go to now? That's really the only other Disney or animation forum I've seen online these days, tbh... Sad
Back to top Go down
Dipper

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 2:05 pm

There's also Blu-ray.com and Anime Superhero.

If DVDizzy is really dead, maybe a new forum could be created? This place is ok, but pretty drab. Could even bring back the "Ultimate Disney" name. That is if this is not just be a temporary error and the site gets restored. Maybe Sotiris can shed some light.
Back to top Go down
Jules DeMalte

Jules DeMalte

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 am

Yes, I do wish somebody would shed some light on the site's fate exactly.
Back to top Go down
McCrum

McCrum

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 am

If it has worked for a short amount of time, then the information is still there, but there seems to be software problems. Just hope it is resolved without deleting anything.

So first people have been unable to register for a couple of years, and now the page is down all the time. That could reduce the number of active users to just a handful.

Found another page where they are looks similar (but is about music instead of Disney), and it seems to be working fine:

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/index.php
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 1:20 am

Jules DeMalte wrote:
Yes, I do wish somebody would shed some light on the site's fate exactly.
I think Sotiris would post if the forum is officially beyond repair. ...I think...

For now, I'm just going to assume it's still being messed with by people involved in attempt to fix it... I just hope it can be fixed and--hopefully--won't take months or anything like that. Sad It has been very boring without DVDizzy to go to the past week.
Back to top Go down
Sotiris

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 6:40 am

Hello everyone. I thought I'd explain what is going on with the forum. The host, JaguarPC, recently upgraded the PHP version on the server which is incompatible with the old phpBB software the forum is running on causing malfunction. Updating the forum software would fix that, but because the debug error has disabled access to the ACP, we can't do that. The only thing we can do is downgrade the PHP on the server. That can be achieved through the cPanel, if that option is offered or by requesting the host to do it for us, if it's not. Luke said he'll email the host about the issue. I haven't heard back from him yet. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.

Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 3:02 pm

Thanks for letting us know what the situation is, Sotiris! Some of that computer jargon is too technical for me, but I think I understood what the main issue is. I hope the possible solution you mention works and we don't have to wait too much for the forum to be back.

I've been a bit busy with other things lately, but I've also missed discussing about Disney with all of you.

Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 6:28 pm

D82 wrote:

I've been a bit busy with other things lately, but I've also missed discussing about Disney with all of you.
It does suck, but at least hopefully there will be a resolution eventually. Smile
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 8:48 pm

Yes, it's a relief to know there's most likely a way to fix the problem and to have confirmation they're working on it. Well, I imagined the latter was true, but I feared the issue could be even more serious and the situation with the forum could get worse and worse.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 7:59 pm

I noticed a little change just now. Earlier today (and ever since the place went down), it was only showing posts up to June 5th, now it's showing up to June 25th. Hopefully a positive sign the forum will be back soon maybe?! *crosses fingers*

Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 9:05 pm

I noticed it too. Hopefully, it's a positive sign, as you said.
Back to top Go down
rodrigo_ca

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 7:42 am

Thanks for the update, Sotiris

(phew, it took me a while to remember this forum)
Back to top Go down
unprincess

unprincess

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 11:24 pm

hey everyone!  sunny

sad to see whats become of our beloved old board, hopefully it gets fixed eventually. If not I don't mind this one, its not too different from the old one really, although I'm gonna have to adjust this tiny text, its straining for my eyeballs. Also dont care for the dark background color for the same reason.

When I saw that the board kept glitching I went to that Reddit sub you had set aside. I had already recently joined so I could join a subreddit for a non-Disney tv series. I can see why you all left Reddiit, what an absolutely ridiculous site! whats with all the rules? I get the place needs to be modded but geesh! After a few posts I got kicked out of the sub that was the main reason I registered there in the first place b/c I didn't have enough... karma points? wtf?! oh and then they want you to buy all this... crap?Suspect  Bonkers!

Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2022 11:40 am

Hi, unprincess! Nice to see you here! And you, rodrigo_ca! Smile

It's true that the text size and the background color here are not the best. The creator of this forum has said more than once they'd prefer we would create our own backup forum and maybe we should do that and make one to our liking, especially since it's taking so long for the old one to get fixed. Not to replace DVDizzy, of course, but to use in situations like this one.

I'm not on Reddit and I haven't visited that site much, but the way things are organized there looks a bit chaotic to me and hearing what you said about it makes me want to join it even less.
Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 1:22 am

It's been a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVDizzy Issues   DVDizzy Issues - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVDizzy Issues
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next