Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Disney Princess Line

Go down 
+3
phalangeregina
jeangreyforever
Disney's Divinity
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

The Disney Princess Line Empty
PostSubject: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 am

For discussion of all things concerning the official Disney princess line (the inclusion of new characters, merchandise, clipart, etc.).
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 am

Just wanted to bump this thread since I know several new users are fans of the Disney Princesses and this will make it easy to find a place to discuss them as a whole.
Back to top Go down
phalangeregina

phalangeregina

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:15 am

Hello all. I wanted to share with everyone which princesses are most popular in my country of India. I like to always let people know about my culture and explain what Disney is loved in my country.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Snow White - she is fairest so everyone in my country wants to look like her. Everyone knows her name and skin color.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Cinderella - she is the dream princess because so many women in my country are suffering and pray for a happy ending and prince charming

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Aurora - she is not that popular. I thought she would be because of her blonde hair but nobody knows her by name. Only by Sleeping Beauty.

Ariel - she is very popular with her red hair. Everyone knows her mermaid tail and some call her Little Mermaid.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Belle - she is also very popular especially with Emma Watson as Harry Potter is beloved. Girls who are nerdy and smart like her best since it makes them feel more good about themselves. Many women in my country must marry old men who are beasts so we hope we can fix the beast like Belle

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Jasmine - she is very popular in my country because everyone knows Aladdin and this is his home country. Most women in my country look like Jasmine

Pocahontas - she is very popular in my country, even more than Aurora. I think because her looks look like my country women and everyone wants to marry a white man like she does

Evil or Very Mad
Mulan - she is not popular in my country at all now that we are at war with China. We have banned all this Chinese

confused
Tiana - she is least popular in my country. I ask little girls if they like her and they do not know her. Or they know her but say she is their most hated because of her skin color. Dark girls do not want to be reminded of her.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Rapunzel - she is very popular from new princesses. Long golden hair is what we dream of having if not red hair but it is not in our stars. Green eyes are more likely so that is helpful.

Like a Star @ heaven
Merida - she was only popular the year her movie came. We liked her red curly hair. But normally we like straight hair. And nobody talks about her now.

Elsa - she is most popular of new princesses and like Cinderella and Snow White with popularity. We all want to look like her with snow white skin and hair and powers to save happy endings.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Anna - nobody remembers her because we all want to be Elsa. Anna is like Pippi Longstocking, a crazy girl with braids who is not a princess.

Like a Star @ heaven
Moana - she is not very popular because she looks very much like girls in my country. We are sensitive of curly hair and dark skin and especially fat bodies. Women in my country would tell her to use Fair and Lovely and lose weight to get a husband

Question
Raya - there are many women in my country who look like her but she is very new so I am not sure what everyone is thinking now
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:58 am

Welome, phalangeregina!!  In Sleeping Beauty in India, is Aurora known as "Aurora" and "Briar Rose" in the film, or is she called other names?  Do you, personally, enjoy the film Mulan, or did you in the past?  That's sad about Tiana...

The Disney Princess brand often is about beauty, and hair and dresses, but that's interesting that in India, the consensus is that favorites are kind of based mostly on looks (but you did mention people relating to Belle's situation and Elsa's powers, of course).  

Who are personally your favorite princesses?
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:30 am

I feel so bad for the Indian females who feel the way they do about...any of these princesses. Basing things on looks or changing old, beastly men into princes? The only ones I'm glad to hear about are that Indian females love Jasmine because she looks like them and nerdy and smart Indian females like Belle because she makes them feel good. I am sure Indian females and Indian culture is wonderful, but I am so sad about how they feel about Disney princesses and why.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Disney Dusty wrote:
I feel so bad for the Indian females who feel the way they do about...any of these princesses. Basing things on looks or changing old, beastly men into princes? The only ones I'm glad to hear about are that Indian females love Jasmine because she looks like them and nerdy and smart Indian females like Belle because she makes them feel good. I am sure Indian females and Indian culture is wonderful, but I am so sad about how they feel about Disney princesses and why.
This part actually reminds me of Beauty and the Beast and how the original author wrote it because so many French women during that time were forced into arranged marriages with typically older men so all the women from that era could sympathize with Belle/Beauty. And the fairy tale gave them hope that their own marriages could turn happy over time. It was quite a progressive fairy tale for its time which is why its so ironic that faux progressives nowadays feel the need to cancel it because they consider it abusive. I'm glad even Emma Watson debunked that nonsense and I know she truly believes it, because I doubt she would ever have accepted the role otherwise (the same reason she turned down Cinderella).
Back to top Go down
phalangeregina

phalangeregina

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 am

@blackcauldron85 - thank you kindly for the welcome. I should be more cautious with my words. In India, Aurora is still known as Aurora and Briar Rose in her movie. What I mean to say is that when the average Indian person talks about the princesses, she is most known as Sleeping Beauty. Aurora which is her real name is not remembered as much. Only some people know she is called Aurora. Most everyone only knows her as Sleeping Beauty. But in the movie she is still named Aurora.

I used to like Mulan and it was somewhat popular in my country as we are close to China but now it is not mentioned. All our top actors have said we must boycott Chinese products in trade war.

In India, Disney Princesses are best known for their beauty and dresses and which dolls and dresses sell more. So we pick the pretty princesses and usually they have long fair hair and skin. I must remind that this is for average citizen of India and not everyone specifically. Some people do like princesses for their personalities or what they stand for. So I give Belle as an example and how she represents girls who think they are too good for princesses but still like some girly elements. Belle gives that plus she is considered stronger than Cinderella or Snow White. Elsa is very popular because we all want to be superheroes now as well as princesses and with Elsa you can be a princess superhero. That is why Anna is not remembered.

Snow White is my favorite because I want to look like her or Elsa. But my family's favorite is Cinderella or Ariel. Belle is not liked by my family, she is thought to be overrated.

@Disney Dusty - first I must ask what your username means? Are you a sweeper for Disney World since you call yourself Disney Dusty so that is meaning you sweep dust for Disney? In my country we have many sweepers and servants who sweep so maybe that is what you are in your country. Next I want to say again that I speak generally for the people of my country and the average person who knows princesses casually. We go mostly by looks then same with actors we admire. If we go deeper, then there is more than looks. We like Jasmine a lot because she is strong and Aladdin's equal. In my country we have Aladdin TV serial and Jasmine was so popular that even in drama, Jasmine looks like Disney version and her name is similar too. We call her Yasmine (or Yasmeen I do not remember the spelling) in the TV serial. If they had done Aladdin on TV without Jasmine and just a random princess, no one would like it because it must have Jasmine. Belle has same fans as Hermione and everyone loves Hermione.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 5:58 am

JeanGreyForever, well...actually it would be really, really bad if people who married older, beastly men thought they could change those men. You should never enter a relationship hoping to change the other person, for many reasons! The main one being if people are awful, they may be truly awful to the core and not ever change. Belle only saw what was good in the Beast when he showed his good to her by saving her first, and then he showed his good more and more. It is very bad to ever think you can just change someone!

Hi phalangeregina! I call myself Disney Dusty because I like what used to be called Disney Dust. Disney Dust is what they now call Pixie Dust. It is any magical dust that is used for a magic special effect in Disney media.

What does your name mean?

Thank you for being more clear about how Indians feel about the Princesses. I like that some like the Princesses for who they are.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 9:21 am

I think when the average (non-super-fan) person talks about Aurora in any country, they just call her Sleeping Beauty, too. :p
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 5:48 pm

Disney Dusty wrote:
JeanGreyForever, well...actually it would be really, really bad if people who married older, beastly men thought they could change those men. You should never enter a relationship hoping to change the other person, for many reasons! The main one being if people are awful, they may be truly awful to the core and not ever change. Belle only saw what was good in the Beast when he showed his good to her by saving her first, and then he showed his good more and more. It is very bad to ever think you can just change someone!
I wasn't referring to the moral ethics of the matter as much as the historical context. In the 1700s (and still in many parts of the world today), young girls and women were married off to men much older than them and they had no say in the matter. It wasn't right then just as it isn't right now but it is something that occurs. So the BATB author would write cautionary tales like this to help advise women in situations like Belle as to how they might improve their marriages and by extension their lives. I don't see anything wrong with that considering they have limited means so a possible solution is better than no solution at all. Otherwise we have a situation like that of Cinderella where she is shamed by modern standards for not running away and "getting a job" (lol).

blackcauldron85 wrote:
I think when the average (non-super-fan) person talks about Aurora in any country, they just call her Sleeping Beauty, too. :p
That's the case in America for sure. I've heard stories where families were at the Disney Parks and they wanted to meet Sleeping Beauty. The problem was that the Princess Hall would say Aurora is meeting and lots of families didn't realize Aurora is Sleeping Beauty so they'd miss her completely.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 am

Ok, well it is true if you can't change your situation completely, changing it in any way possible is good. Anyway, there is no problem with Disney's Beauty and the Beast because the Beast changes before Belle gets with him.

As for Cinderella, she may have been able to become a servant for a better family. Even though she's my fave, I wonder about what she should have done.
Back to top Go down
phalangeregina

phalangeregina

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:45 am

@Disney Dusty - thank you for explaining your name. My name is from the TV serial Friends. Phoebe Buffay uses this name as a secret identity.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 4:33 pm

Disney Dusty wrote:
Ok, well it is true if you can't change your situation completely, changing it in any way possible is good. Anyway, there is no problem with Disney's Beauty and the Beast because the Beast changes before Belle gets with him.

As for Cinderella, she may have been able to become a servant for a better family. Even though she's my fave, I wonder about what she should have done.
I've heard some people with a solid understanding of the Victorian era say that Cinderella didn't really have any alternatives. That she probably wasn't educated enough to become a governess and even to become a maid for someone else, she would need references and her stepfamily would never get that. Her only alternative would be prostitution where she would be even worse off.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 3:22 am

Oh, that is so cool how you got your name, phalangeregina!

Wow, thank you for telling me that jeangrey! Now I love my Cindy even more because she was doing all she could and what was best for her! I mean, I still wonder if she could have found a more independent way out, but knowing that very knowledgeable people said that makes me feel better!
Back to top Go down
AuroraJasmine

AuroraJasmine

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:58 am

@Phangeregina - I thought Jasmine was your favourite? I’m basing this on your polls, poll picks and poll comments on Fanpop.

Back to top Go down
https://www.quotev.com/midnightfairy
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Disney Dusty wrote:

Wow, thank you for telling me that jeangrey! Now I love my Cindy even more because she was doing all she could and what was best for her! I mean, I still wonder if she could have found a more independent way out, but knowing that very knowledgeable people said that makes me feel better!
The only thing I can think of is if somebody who was friends with her family knew about her situation and took pity on her. They could have employed her or adopted her or taken her in.

@AuroraJasmine - I hope you feature your article ranking the DPs after you complete it here! Jasmine and Aurora are my 2nd and 3rd fav princesses. I never realized we had so much in common!
Back to top Go down
AuroraJasmine

AuroraJasmine

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 12:12 pm

jeangreyforever wrote:
@AuroraJasmine - I hope you feature your article ranking the DPs after you complete it here! Jasmine and Aurora are my 2nd and 3rd fav princesses. I never realized we had so much in common!

I’m so happy we found each other and started talking! From my experience it’s rare to find someone who is as passionate as I am about topics of interest.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 12:26 pm

AuroraJasmine wrote:
jeangreyforever wrote:

I’m so happy we found each other and started talking! From my experience it’s rare to find someone who is as passionate as I am about topics of interest.
Yes, I'm very happy that we came across each other since we've always been in close vicinity on Fanpop but never really started talking until just recently.
Back to top Go down
phalangeregina

phalangeregina

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 4:41 pm

@Disney Dusty
Friends is every good for non-native English speakers to watch and learn the language because it is very simple to understand. They show it on our TV so with basic channels I could always watch it.

@AuroraJasmine
no, Jasmine is a favorite in my country because we all look like her the most. So she is a favorite but we like Snow White more because Snow White has the skin we want. Her or Elsa. I vote Jasmine to reflect my country people.
Back to top Go down
AuroraJasmine

AuroraJasmine

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:33 pm

phalangeregina wrote:
@AuroraJasmine
no, Jasmine is a favorite in my country because we all look like her the most. So she is a favorite but we like Snow White more because Snow White has the skin we want. Her or Elsa. I vote Jasmine to reflect my country people.

Ah I see, that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 3:15 am

Phalangeregina, that is so cool how Friends helps people learn English!

Yes, that is another possibility jeangreyforever.
Back to top Go down
AuroraJasmine

AuroraJasmine

PostSubject: Article!   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:01 pm

Say one thing about each Disney Princess from a different perspective

I wrote this on The Disney Princess Club two years ago. I’ve updated a little bit but I haven’t added Moana because I have zero interesting memories about her and she’s too new.

Snow White

I was excited when I saw a sequel of Disney’s Snow White out on VHS. Nevermind that the main character looked different, wore a different dress, had a different voice and the animation seemed more 80’s. The dwarves sisters helped guide Snow White to the villain’s castle so she could save her prince from a male villain who turned his enemies into stone. It was great and I enjoyed it more than the original. Ah youth. The ability to watch something and let everything else go over your head. I came to my senses when watching it a second time as a young adult. I disliked it and thought it was childish. I tracked down the original movie and thought Disney’s Snow White and Seven Dwarves was the superior animated version.

Cinderella

When my mum and her cousin were younger, they went to see the second release of Cinderella at the cinema. Her cousin was excited to see what Cinderella’s ball gown looked like. But when watching the iconic moment, she leaned over to my mum and said “it’s ugly.” My mum agreed. Mum says she was disappointed. She thought it was dull, not pretty. Her cousin wanted to see something different from current fashion. More fantasy-like and colourful. She wanted a pink ball gown. And after all of these years, her opinion hasn’t changed. She still hates it with passion.

Aurora

I bought a ten pack of small Disney Princess dolls with Barbie doll style Disney hair and clothes. I tested my friends to see if they knew them all. They got eight correct except for Aurora and Tiana.

“Sorry I don’t know who she is”- my close friend.
“Oh I don’t know her” - my other close friend.

I bought the Special edition dvd of Sleeping Beauty and asked my mum if she knew who the blonde Princess was.

“Cinderella?” - my mum
“Nope.” - me
“Oh. I don’t know then.” - my mum
“It’s Sleeping Beauty.” - me
“That’s not Sleeping Beauty! Sleeping Beauty has brown hair” - my mum
“It is. It’s Sleeping Beauty.” - me
...and then she said: “No! No, you’re kidding aren’t you? This is a joke.”
Then I go into Disney geek mode express what her real name is and explain why she is blonde.
....then mum frowns and says: “Oh. Well in the original story she had brown hair. What was that you said? (I got tongue tied on saying Aurora) Say it again. (I tried again) Spell it. (Tries to say it herself twice in two different ways - equally difficult). I’m unsure how to pronounce it. Maybe you could research online on how to pronounce it.”
To which I rambled: “Or we could just call her Briar Rose. It’s easier and I can pronounce it. Of course I’ll always use Aurora online because it’s pretty and I’m using it when I writing about something, not saying out loud for all to hear. But yeah I could look into it, if you want me too?”
She said: “Yes it would be interesting to find out.”
....that was more than a few years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. But my mum has no memory of it. Just as well, because I forgot to do the research!

Ariel

Rewatching the movie as an adult, I’m ashamed to say it does seem like Ariel sold her voice and got legs for a man. Thankfully I’m still very loyal to the TV series and know that Ariel has more depth than what is displayed in the movie. Oh how I wish they would release the TV series on DVD (all regions). I miss it so much! But I’m now re-watching it on Disney+.

Belle

Don’t you just hate it when Hollywood portrays intelligent people with thick educated sounding voices? They sound like Vulcans from Star Trek. Even animated characters. From my teens to my young adulthood I disliked Belle’s voice for that very reason. In the last two years, I realised Belle’s voice was that way because the voice actress was told to put on a slight French accent. Fast forward to now, I don’t have that pet peeve anymore. I have got over my dislike of Belle’s voice. I realised that I talk the same way when I’m sharing my knowledge with someone.

Jasmine

Who goes to Disneyland Paris just to buy dolls that you can’t find in the local Disney stores? I’ve done it twice. Once in 1999 and another time in 2014. In early 1999 I wanted Jasmine in her purple dress. The local Disney store seemed to have Aladdin and Genie stuff but only one or two things of Jasmine. The doll wasn’t special enough. It was just plain and boring and I thought it didn’t look like Jasmine. I remember discussing it with my mum in the car. How although the doll in the store was clearly made by Disney, face wise it looked like a Mattel version. I don’t know what I was talking about. I was in my own little world. Anyway, at Disneyland Paris, I bought two Jasmine dolls and an Aladdin one. The Paris dolls looked more special. Jasmine’s regular outfit looked gorgeous with the gold spots decorating the bedlah pants. I got a double pack of Aladdin and Jasmine in their end of movie clothes. I remember looking in several shops around the park but couldn’t find Jasmine in her purple dress anywhere. I was disappointed but I was very happy with the ones I found. So that trip was successful. 2014 trip, I went back hoping the purple dress doll would be in stock. But I forgot a very important detail, the new makeovers. I was disappointed but I also wasn’t surprised. In every store in the park, Tiana, Rapunzel and Ariel seemed to have the biggest space for merchandise. Followed Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White and Belle. Merida and Jasmine had a very small section. Pocahontas and Mulan didn’t have a section at all.

Pocahontas

Two days after watching the movie for the first time, I bought another film about Pocahontas. It was live action and for some reason, I thought it was a live action version of the Disney version. The film was closer to her historic life than the fiction that Disney created. I remember learning about Pocahontas in school, thinking oh my god she was a real person?! And then thinking hmmm nah, I prefer the disney version. Now as an adult, I still don’t care much for the history. I like Disney’s Pocahontas on her own meaning her personality and spirituality. But I’m not loyal to the movie anymore. I tried to watch it as an adult after about ten or more years since I watched it last. It bored me. I ended up turning it off and giving it away to a friend to keep.

Mulan

I didn't know who Mulan was before watching the movie and the special features on the DVD. I remember being in awe, thinking wow, she was a real person! Later several years on I realised my mistake. Folklore person who may have been real but might not have been.

Tiana

I had a "Tiana moment" whilst looking at rankings for Favourite Winx Transformations, two years ago the night before I made this article. Enchantix is more often than not, no.1 on each list. But I was looking at the group picture thinking I used think they were the best. But Aisha had the worst outfit, it used to look gorgeous in blue, Tiana does in her second party dress. Aisha looks better in blue than she does in green. However out of the two, Tiana can pull off wearing green, better than Aisha can.

Rapunzel

My mum watched Tangled with me, a few years ago. She didn't like Rapunzel during the first half. Mum found her annoying, whiny and childish. During the second half, Mum liked her more. She thought she was mature and less whiny. I just sat back in silence let my mum form her own opinion. I remember agreeing with her during the first part. It was a time when I hadn't made up my mind about Rapunzel. I liked her but I didn't love her. Her popularity annoyed me and in general I wasn't a fan of Modern era Princesses.

Merida

I've watched Brave four times. Each time, Merida has been my favourite character. But whilst I love her. I can’t help but think she doesn’t belong in official DP franchise. The movie doesn’t feel like a Disney movie. It feels like one of the better animated movies like Anastasia for example from another company. It’s a pity she couldn’t be a popular standalone princess like Anna and Moana. Because that’s where she belongs I think. Alternatively, this is not going to happen but we can fantasise; make a franchise for heroine warriors, include Kida, Jane, Nala and anyone else who fits.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 11:49 pm

SNOW WHITE
I've seen the same Snow White sequel on VHS. I liked it as its own thing even though the prince didn't have much screentime (although that's technically not true but I won't spoil it for anyone else) and I thought the villain was quite creepy. I liked Snow White with long hair though and the female dwarfs. I haven't seen it forever in a long time though but I remember the animation was very cheap.

CINDERELLA
I love pink but I'm glad Cinderella's ballgown is silver and a classic design. I don't think anything else could replace the majesty of that dress.

AURORA
That's funny that they thought Sleeping Beauty was brown-haired (perhaps they're mixing her up with Belle/Beauty). She actually does have brown hair in the original but I don't think it really gets referenced much. I know Aurora tends to be the least known of the original princesses but it's kinda sad how many people didn't know her. Tiana being obscure makes sense but poor Aurora.

ARIEL
I disagree that Ariel sold her voice and got legs for a man and even if that is the case, she has the right to do that. I wouldn't shame her for it because women are entitled to do what they want and I respect her agency in this situation. I love the TV show as well and wish it was released physically since I don't use Disney+ very often.

BELLE
Does Belle's voice actress really speak with a slight French accent? Her voice as Belle sounds the same to me as her regular voice. I know that they hired Paige O'Hara because her voice sounded more European sounding than Jodi Benson's voice as Ariel. I'm glad you don't mind Belle's voice anymore.

JASMINE
I can understand why you'd go to Disneyland Paris just to get the dolls because I've seen images of that purple dress Jasmine doll. I also remember the one with the gold spots on her pants. I had a wedding doll set of Aladdin and Jasmine that came from the parks I believe. They haven't had Jasmine in a purple dress in the parks for probably a decade now. I don't know about merchandise sections at the parks but the last few times I went to the parks, I noticed that most little girls were dressed up as Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, or Sofia. There were several Snow Whites, Auroras, Jasmines, and Meridas though. I think a few girls were also Pocahontas. Strangely, I saw no girls as Ariel.

POCAHONTAS
Do you remember what live-action Pocahontas movie this was? I'm wondering if it's The New World which was released in 2005. That's too bad you find the Disney movie boring now.

Sorry I don't watch Winx so I can't quite comment on the dresses you mentioned.

RAPUNZEL
I agree with your mom's thoughts on Rapunzel in the first half. Her popularity still annoys me and I'm not really a fan of the modern princesses either.

MERIDA
It probably doesn't feel like a Disney movie since it was a Pixar one. I actually think Anastasia feels more Disney than Brave does. I still like the movie though but Merida doesn't seem to be very popular anymore, not like the Frozen girls and Moana.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 am

Sleeping Beauty was actually not brunette in the original story. I just read both the Grimm's and Perrault's Sleeping Beauty's and neither mentions her hair color.

Cinderella's dress is the best dress ever. Loved what you said, jeangrey! Also loved what you said about Ariel. I am in full agreement!
Back to top Go down
AuroraJasmine

AuroraJasmine

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 am

jeangreyforever wrote:
SNOW WHITE
I've seen the same Snow White sequel on VHS. I liked it as its own thing even though the prince didn't have much screentime (although that's technically not true but I won't spoil it for anyone else) and I thought the villain was quite creepy. I liked Snow White with long hair though and the female dwarfs. I haven't seen it forever in a long time though but I remember the animation was very cheap.

CINDERELLA
I love pink but I'm glad Cinderella's ballgown is silver and a classic design. I don't think anything else could replace the majesty of that dress.

AURORA
That's funny that they thought Sleeping Beauty was brown-haired (perhaps they're mixing her up with Belle/Beauty). She actually does have brown hair in the original but I don't think it really gets referenced much. I know Aurora tends to be the least known of the original princesses but it's kinda sad how many people didn't know her. Tiana being obscure makes sense but poor Aurora.

ARIEL
I disagree that Ariel sold her voice and got legs for a man and even if that is the case, she has the right to do that. I wouldn't shame her for it because women are entitled to do what they want and I respect her agency in this situation. I love the TV show as well and wish it was released physically since I don't use Disney+ very often.

BELLE
Does Belle's voice actress really speak with a slight French accent? Her voice as Belle sounds the same to me as her regular voice. I know that they hired Paige O'Hara because her voice sounded more European sounding than Jodi Benson's voice as Ariel. I'm glad you don't mind Belle's voice anymore.

JASMINE
I can understand why you'd go to Disneyland Paris just to get the dolls because I've seen images of that purple dress Jasmine doll. I also remember the one with the gold spots on her pants. I had a wedding doll set of Aladdin and Jasmine that came from the parks I believe. They haven't had Jasmine in a purple dress in the parks for probably a decade now. I don't know about merchandise sections at the parks but the last few times I went to the parks, I noticed that most little girls were dressed up as Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, or Sofia. There were several Snow Whites, Auroras, Jasmines, and Meridas though. I think a few girls were also Pocahontas. Strangely, I saw no girls as Ariel.

POCAHONTAS
Do you remember what live-action Pocahontas movie this was? I'm wondering if it's The New World which was released in 2005. That's too bad you find the Disney movie boring now.

Sorry I don't watch Winx so I can't quite comment on the dresses you mentioned.

RAPUNZEL
I agree with your mom's thoughts on Rapunzel in the first half. Her popularity still annoys me and I'm not really a fan of the modern princesses either.

MERIDA
It probably doesn't feel like a Disney movie since it was a Pixar one. I actually think Anastasia feels more Disney than Brave does. I still like the movie though but Merida doesn't seem to be very popular anymore, not like the Frozen girls and Moana.

Snow White
I agree. When I watched the other Snow White sequel, I liked her long hair and female dwarves too. I still do.

Cinderella
Over the years I had a like and dislike phase about Cinderella’s Ballgown. I appreciate and respect it now, it is majestic. I’m just still not sure about her sticking up shoulder like straps. But back then I didn’t like the poofy skirts or the colour. I’m don’t like pale shades of colour unless it’s purple (but it has to be more purple than grey). I do like silver and white but if the lighting changes and makes the silver look darker, I don’t like it. Grey/dark silver is one of my least favourite colours and shades.

Aurora
I forgot to add this little bit. “No, Sleeping Beauty has brown hair, like Belle.” As for my friends, they hadn’t seen the movie of Disney’s Sleeping Beauty. Only one of them commented about her original brown hair.

Ariel
When I was younger I liked Ariel and didn’t analyse anything. I just enjoyed it for what it was. I thought the same thing as a teenager and until a certain age as a young adult when I joined Fanpop later on and learnt how to analyse characters. I had already learnt how to form an opinion about what princesses I liked and didn’t like as soon as I I hit my teenage years. Before the rewatch I had read countless reviews from other fanpoppers, adults who had grown up with it, parents and feminists. And I thought the opposite to them. But then when I became about ten years older in 2014 and with having an open mind especially on other peoples opinions - I suddenly saw exactly what they had seen in Ariel. But that was two years ago, my opinions keep changing they’re not set in stone.

Belle

I did some research whilst writing the article. I thought I had read it somewhere.

Pocahontas

Yep, it was the one that came out in 2005. I still like the visual beauty of Pocahontas’ natural world with the sunsets, waterfalls and rainbows. I’ve always loved the colour palette and still really enjoy the “Colours of the Wind” sequences and I love Pocahontas and Grandmother Willow in songs on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Princess Line   The Disney Princess Line Empty

Back to top Go down

The Disney Princess Line
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next