Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aida Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:33 pm

blackcauldron85's threads about Newsies and Broadway Disney reminded me that we don't have a thread for Aida, either the original show or the new revival show. Not sure when the Revival show will come out now because of the pandemic but I've never seen this show live so I would love to be able to get the chance to do so one day. I know they are working on updating the material since the original probably wouldn't fly in a post MeToo era.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Yes, I haven't seen the show, either, besides clips, so I definitely would love to check it out post-pandemic.
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:50 pm

I have only seen that elite high school production of Aida from YouTube which I posted on DVDizzy. They had two productions both of which I watched and they're quite exceptional so I can only imagine what it would be like to see the show with actual professionals live.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 7:53 pm

OMG I am so glad that you mentioned that- I was checking my YouTube account to see if I saved it to Watch Later, and I have 2 whole AIDA playlists saved.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzvdeRjhZpVkDcQXydWJTPHBnVpjQxs7Q
&
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzvdeRjhZpVkBaHv1GXvKsPaQdARzSnI3
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Yes, those are the ones!

The lead actress is phenomenal! I've never seen so much talent in someone so young and I absolutely see her going on to do great things in the world of theatre. She came back to do the second production of Aida so we've been graced with two epic performances! The only downside is that she's so great that sometimes the rest of the actors end up looking inferior in comparison, although generally they're very talented as well.

The Amneris and Mereb actors in both productions are always great (and I especially love the Mereb in the original 2015 production. He's also incredibly talented and has played the lead in many productions from this school, many of which I should watch one of these days). The weak links for me tend to be the actors playing Radames, I don't know why. I think they just end up overshadowed by the powerhouse voice of Aida's actress (her name is Brittany I believe but I don't remember her last name off the top of my head).
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:44 pm

A week or so ago, I watched the making of Aida video that I posted in the Broadway thread, so that made me super excited to learn more about the show, so I definitely need to make a point to watch the playlists!!
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 am

They're definitely worth a watch whenever you have time to watch something new! And thanks for letting me know that Disney did a making of Aida video, that'll be the first video I check out then!
Back to top Go down
Mooky

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:26 am

I recently purchased Leontyne Price's Aida book from 1997 which was used as the basis for the musical. I can post some pictures if you guys would be interested in it.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:08 am

That's a gorgeous book! What a great catch for you. I've seen a lot of the pictures online but I'm sure many members, including me, would absolutely love the opportunity to see pics of the art from your book.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:18 am

Oh, the channel I posted that makes Disney Broadway videos is NOT by Disney, just a fan, but they are well-researched, with cast member interviews! Mooky, I am not familiar with the original book, so if you're willing to post pictures, I'd be interested for sure!
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying! I figured it was Disney because it seemed so informative and official and I know Disney has a lot of clips online where they talk about their Broadway shows and the creatives behind them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aida Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aida Discussion   Aida Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Aida Discussion
Page 1 of 1