Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disenchanted Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

Disenchanted Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:39 am

For the discussion of the upcoming sequel to Disney's Enchanted, Disenchanted.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 4:12 am

Some new details about the movie that have been revealed recently:

Quote :
The film will see Giselle, Robert, and Morgan moving to a new house in the suburbs, overseen by Malvina Monroe, the main villain of the film. After problems begin to arise, Giselle makes a wish to transform their lives into a perfect fairytale. However, the spell backfires dramatically and puts Giselle in a rush against the clock to save both her family and her Kingdom of Andalasia before the clock strikes midnight.

Returning characters from the original film include Giselle, Robert, Prince Edward, and Nancy Tremaine played by the already confirmed Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden and Idina Menzel, respectively.

Though Morgan will also be returning, it seems that she will be played by a new actress for this film as Rachel Covey is now too old to play the character. The chipmunk Pip will return as well, though it is unclear who will voice the character this time around (director Kevin Lima and Jeff Bennett shared the role in the original).

We have also learned that Snow White’s seven dwarfs- Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Bashful, and Doc- will play a pivotal role in the film including a musical number.

Filming will take place this summer in Ireland, with production scheduled to wrap in August. It will release exclusively on Disney+, likely sometime in 2022.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2021/04/23/exclusive-new-story-details-for-disenchanted-seven-dwarfs-will-appear/

Quote :
The film will see Giselle, Robert and Morgan moving to a new house in the suburbs. This suburb is overseen by Malvina Monroe, who is expected to be the main villain of the film. After they move, problems begin to arise (some family dynamics, some problems at work and school), so Giselle makes a wish on a magic wishing wand to transform their lives into a perfect fairy tale. However, the spell backfires dramatically and puts Giselle in a rush against the clock to save both her family and the kingdom of Andalasia before the clock strikes midnight.

Morgan will also be returning, but she'll be played by a new actress because they're having Morgan's character be a teenager, probably around 15 or 16, and the original actress is now too old to play the character.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q4lzob1YBQ

Quote :
Two-time Primetime Emmy winner Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown and Jayma Mays are boarding Disenchanted, the Disney+ Enchanted sequel. I hear Rudolph will play a villain in the sequel with Brown and Mays also potentially portraying evil as well.
Source: https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-enchanted-sequel-disenchanted-maya-rudolph-yvette-nicole-brown-jayma-mays-1234744446/

Quote :
Based on this new casting, it's likely that Rudolph will be playing the villain Malvina Monroe, the domineering queen bee of the suburb where Giselle and her family. Brown and Mays are likely playing Malvina’s assistants, Rosaleen and Ruby. The primary functions of these characters are to sing Malvina’s praises while doing each and every task Malvina asks of them. Of the two, Rosaleen is the more mean-spirited. It is unknown at this point who will be playing Rosaleen and who will be playing Ruby.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2021/04/26/disneys-disenchnated-adds-maya-rudolph-yvette-nicole-brown-jayma-mays/[/quote]

Quote :
In January, Disney Studios sent out a call for trained dancers for ‘an upcoming musical feature film’ to be shot in Ireland between May and August, and although the movie wasn’t named it is widely believed it is for Disenchanted.

A massive town hall is currently being constructed on one side of the village, and other shops, and businesses will be getting a movie makeover before the cameras start to roll.

“There’s going to be planting, and they will be covering all the buildings with flowers. For the movie we’re going to be a bakery, the Objects shop next door is going to be a coffee shop, and the hardware store is going to be a butchers.”

“It will be set in upstate New York, as to what decade I don’t know, and it will be filmed before it gets Disney-fied and after it gets Disney-fied.”

“I hear the roads and paths will be painted purple, and there will be 200 dancers too. I think it’s the biggest movie they’ve ever made in Ireland so it will be brilliant.”

“There’s a lot of excitement around the town. A lot of work going on, it will be good. The plan is the whole village will be made into a Disney wonderland. I’ve heard there will be a night-shoot and two day-shoots and the village will be closed partly for those.”
Source: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/enniskerry-transformed-into-disney-wonderlandas-blockbuster-movie-set-to-be-filmed-in-village-40348083.html

Quote :
A video shared on TikTok by Edith Gervin shows the set being built in Enniskerry and Gervin says she believes the town hall steps will be the scene for a dance number featuring up to 200 dancers.

Meanwhile, MovieExtras.ie has published an advertisement for paid background actors for Disenchanted and they’re looking for people of all shapes and sizes to be part of the production. These actors will be filming in Dublin.

“Clocktower Productions is seeking roles for the motion picture project entitled Disenchanted, a new feature-length motion picture project to be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, filming in Dublin, Ireland between May and August 2021. Clocktower is committed to diverse, inclusive casting,” the advert reads.

“Submissions for non-descript roles will be accepted for all performers, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, disability, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity or any other basis prohibited by law, subject to legitimate casting objectives.”
Source: https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-40274864.html
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 am

Thanks for keeping us informed about this movie's development!

TBH, I'm a huge fan of the original movie but I've had very little interest in the sequel so far. Partially because it was in development hell for so long, but also because I've had such little faith in any of Disney's new projects these days that I'm especially wary. Movies like the Ugly Stepsisters just make me lose even more hope that Disenchanted will turn out to be anything but a parody or critique of classic Disney, especially going by the trend of the live-action remakes and Revival films.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptySat May 01, 2021 2:09 am

No problem! Smile

I understand you. I'm not very confident it'll be a good film either. I'm mainly excited for it because of the new songs by Alan Menken and the possible 2D sequences.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptySat May 01, 2021 3:08 am

I do love the original movie's soundtrack so very happy Menken is back for this. I forgot, will he be working on the songs alone or is Stephen Schwartz coming back as well? I loved their collaborations together since they gave us Pocahontas, Hunchback, and Enchanted. I just hope the quality of the songs is better than what Menken penned for WIR2.

It's always great to see more hand-drawn animation so that's another perk. I just hope the script is reverent and doesn't go out of its way to dismiss Disney's legacy.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptySun May 02, 2021 2:07 am

jeangreyforever wrote:
I forgot, will he be working on the songs alone or is Stephen Schwartz coming back as well?

Stephen Schwartz is also coming back. I'm really glad he'll be the lyricist once again. I agree that he and Alan make a great team.

jeangreyforever wrote:
It's always great to see more hand-drawn animation so that's another perk. I just hope the script is reverent and doesn't go out of its way to dismiss Disney's legacy.

I hope that too. The original had a good balance between parody and tribute, in my opinion. I wish they follow the example set by it.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptySun May 02, 2021 8:15 pm

D82 wrote:
jeangreyforever wrote:
I forgot, will he be working on the songs alone or is Stephen Schwartz coming back as well?

Stephen Schwartz is also coming back. I'm really glad he'll be the lyricist once again. I agree that he and Alan make a great team.

jeangreyforever wrote:

I hope that too. The original had a good balance between parody and tribute, in my opinion. I wish they follow the example set by it.
I'm glad Schwartz is coming back, thanks for confirming! Even if the movie isn't very good, at least the songs will be.

I feel the same way but I have some friends who felt Enchanted was insulting to Disney and set off the trend followed by the Revival films to mock Disney's legacy, particularly the princesses.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:38 pm

Adam Shankman announced on Instagram that they've finished recording the score. I can't wait to listen to the film's music. I hope at least a little snippet is featured in the teaser trailer, which most likely will be released for the D23 Expo. Though, many times they save the music for future trailers, so maybe we'll have to wait a bit more.

Disenchanted Discussion TKjASiw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disenchanted Discussion   Disenchanted Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Disenchanted Discussion
Page 1 of 1