Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The future of these forums...

Go down 
+2
D82
Heartless
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Heartless
Admin
Heartless

The future of these forums... Empty
PostSubject: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 11:29 pm

Hi everyone!

I started getting notifications about all this recent activity on these boards and decided to brush off the dust and see what is going on. From what I gather, the DVDizzy forums are down for one reason or another, so I’m shocked that anyone even remembered that this site was even created for that very scenario.

I haven’t been an active member on DVDizzy in a long time, especially after the whole “Sitepocalypse” situation. The way that was handled kind of put me off in all honesty, and once the DVDizzy boards reopened, this forum obviously fell off the planet.

If this proves to be a place you guys want to use for discussions, please feel free. I don’t really have the time or interest to manage a message board, but if this is a viable long term option, I can decide how to handle moving forward by adding another admin/moderators. In the meantime, I’ve gone ahead a removed all the spam and banned the bot users.

Just wanted to provide a quick update, and if you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know!

Disney's Divinity, blackcauldron85 and CoolZDane like this post

Back to top Go down
https://disneymania.forumotion.com
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 12:33 am

Hi, I'm D82 and I'm from Spain. You probably had already stopped being active on the DVDizzy forum when I joined, so I don't think we get to meet there. I joined in 2013. I didn't even know anything about the "Sitepocalypse" before.

Yes, the DVDizzy forum is down right now. It's the second time it's happened recently. It was Disney's Divinity who suggested using this forum if it ever happened again. I think it'll be just until the DVDizzy one is back, but if it continues having issues maybe we'll be using this one more often. Well, only if that's OK with you. We'll see what happens. I hope they can fix our old forum.

Thanks for the welcome and for removing all the spam! I hope we're not causing you too much trouble by reviving this site.

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 12:48 am

Yay! I wasn't sure if you would show up when blackcauldron85 said they'd PMed you. Long time, no see. Smile  If Sotiris had an account here, I'd say you could always make them a mod just in case UD ever were to go down in the future. They are the mod over at UD; unless Sotiris wouldn't want to have that capacity here, Idk. Thank you for deleting all the spam. The activity was probably my fault, I was trying to knock those threads to the second page in the General section and it took like fifty threads to get there. Laughing

I did want to ask something, and I'm not sure if you would know how to help (or if you could), but there's some kind of issue with creating polls? Is there a way to activate the ability to create polls or something? I only ask that because I was looking through a few of the threads made back when this place was first made and a reputation system had to be "activated," too, so I thought perhaps the poll thing might be a similar case? Thanks for any help if possible.

I imagine UD will be back up in a couple of days, but it's always nice to have a backup ready. The UD forum has some issue where new members aren't able to join anymore as it is, so I wouldn't be surprised if its days may be numbered since traffic has dwindled over time. Thank you so much for dropping by. Smile
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Thank you so much for your help, Heartless! So sorry to bother you, but it's very kind of you to help out! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 1:10 am

Hey Heartless! It's good to see you! Even though you aren't going to be a moderator, you helped by making this site in the first place and getting rid of the spam and bots! Thank you! Really, thank God you made this site!
Back to top Go down
Heartless
Admin
Heartless

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:22 am

Good evening all!

Recently it was brought to my attention that we've had some trouble with some troll users posting hateful content. I have banned and deleted that user's comments, but I wasn't able to do it quickly enough since I am not monitoring the forums on a daily basis.

Because of that, I've appointed Disney's Divinity as a moderator (surprise!) based on several recommendations and my own personal recollection of this user's reputation back on the Ultimate Disney forums. Hopefully this will mitigate some of these day-to-day maintenance tasks so that I'm not the sole person who can take corrective action.

Disney's Divinity, if this isn't a role you'd like to take on or would like to appoint someone else, please let me know! I know this was a sudden decision on my end.

With all that said, this forum really does need a lot of work and as I've mentioned, I don't have the capacity to put any love into it these days. This was always really meant to be a temporary solution for you guys, and there is absolutely no problem with you guys continuing to use it as long as you like. I just hate not being to provide the necessary upkeep as an administrator. So if a long-term solution becomes necessary, I implore y'all to build your own forum (even just a free solution like this one), and really customize it to your own needs.

Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns!
- Tyler

Disney's Divinity and blackcauldron85 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://disneymania.forumotion.com
SirNandor

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 am

Just got my first e-mail reminding me of these boards!
I haven't been able to log in to UD since I changed my e-mail address sometime last year. Luke can't access the admin panel, so any new members or members who change their e-mail or password are locked out. I've always been a lurker, so it's not too bad for me, but the UD boards are dying a slow death.
So I'm happy to see these resurrected! It's quite a switch, looks-wise, but I'll get used to anything eventually.
Thank you for making this happen!

EDIT: Sitepocalypse was 2011? Really?
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:05 am

Heartless, thank you so, so much for assisting our little community! You've been a huge help, and I (we!) am (are!) so very grateful!!

NANDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future of these forums...   The future of these forums... Empty

Back to top Go down

The future of these forums...
Page 1 of 1