Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toonami Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

Toonami Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Toonami Discussion   Toonami Discussion EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:27 pm

I've got back into watching Toonami every Saturday the past few months when they started airing new episodes of My Hero Academia. I've discovered quite a few great anime in that time, including Fire Force, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, One Punch Man, and Dr. Stone. The former two especially, I'd like to buy on DVD / Blu-ray at some point, when I can get them at a cheaper price. I wish they would show Sailor Moon Crystal or at least the re-dubbed version of the old anime.. I mean, they show Naruto: Shippuden re-runs still, so why not?

I wonder why anime is so overpriced anyway? I mean, it's not priced the way normal TV series are priced. One season is like $40 on a *cheap* day, when I can buy most live-action TV seasons or Western animated shows at $10-15 (maybe a little less or a little more). It really bums me out. If it was priced normally, I could get all of Sailor Moon and Fairy Tail no problem instead of this years+ game of waiting for the opportune moment. Sad
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

Toonami Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toonami Discussion   Toonami Discussion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:50 pm

I'm interested in watching My Hero Academia, since I've heard good things about it, but I haven't seen it yet. My husband and I have watched some of Little Witch Academia (I don't know if he's finished watching it- I have not), which is really good. I always have liked Sailor Moon, but I haven't seen any of the new stuff.

I wonder if anime on disc is expensive because while it's popular, it's seen as more of a niche market...?
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/

Toonami Discussion
Page 1 of 1