Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's the Evil Manager.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
enigmawing

enigmawing

It's the Evil Manager. Empty
PostSubject: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:20 am

I imagine most of you already here know who I am . . . but for all you upcoming newbies, I'm enigmawing. I'm a small-town midwestern girl that met the devil my husband online a few years back and have since moved to the wedding capital of the world. I like to draw pretty cartoon girls as well as do bad photoshopping. Razz I absolutely love cartoons in general and enjoy adding discs to my animated movie collection; Disney has always been my first love but I enjoy the work of other studios as well.

Weird random fact about me: at one of my old jobs I used to be known as the "evil manager." I even had it put on my name tag. Laughing

Last edited by enigmawing on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Silly typos.)
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:21 am

enigmawing wrote:
I imagine most of you already here know who I am . . . but for all you upcoming newbies, I'm enigmawing. I'm a small-town girl midwestern girl that met the devil my husband online a few years back and have since moved to the wedding capital of the world. I like to draw pretty cartoon girls as well as do bad photoshopping. Razz I absolutely love cartoons in general and enjoy adding discs to my animated movie collection; Disney has always been my first love but I enjoy the work of other studios as well.

Weird random fact about me: at one of my old jobs I used to be known as the "evil manager." I even had it put on my name tag. Laughing

It's the Evil Manager. Yeahikkakubyaaallen23d4
Back to top Go down
enigmawing

enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Thanks, SA . . . looks like I may have to get used to calling you TSC. Cool

Maybe I can add a little less generic info about myself and my interest in Disney. Razz

I come from a family full of creative people and was encouraged to draw from a very early age. I always had a great time watching cartoons with my family and never got the impression that it was something you were supposed to grow out of someday (like many of my classmates apparently did). My first Disney movie was Sleeping Beauty, but I was only 2 for that release so I barely remember it. The first one I do remember seeing was a reissue of The Jungle Book, and The Fox and the Hound came soon after. We got our first VCR when I was nine years old and I clearly remember being in awe that you could use it to watch cartoons any time you wanted! Woah, right? Laughing One of the Christmas presents for each of us kids that year was a blank VHS tape of our very own . . . something most people might laugh at now. I filled mine up pretty quickly and had to beg one of my brothers to let me borrow his so I could tape The Absent-Minded Professor off The Disney Channel during "sneek-a-peek-week." Back then, the only way for a kid to be familiar with all the Disney characters/films was through books, records, merchandise, an occasional TV special, or through the theatrical releases. Oh, and if you were a very fortunate kid, your family might have a subscription to The Disney Channel back when they were still a part of premium pay cable (mine was too cheap for that, lol).

My dad's favorite Disney film was Lady and the Tramp. He never explained why but I think it was because it reminded him a lot of his youth; we even had a dog he'd named Lady when I was growing up. He took Mom and I to see its last theatrical release in '86, and he bought me the VHS for Christmas the following year. It was the very first Disney movie I ever owned. I collected nearly all the VHS's of the DAC's over the years as they became available, eventually upgrading to DVD and even Blu-ray. I also used to collect a lot of art books either on Disney in general or some of the specific films. I also loved the old behind-the-scenes specials and have always enjoyed being familiar with the process and the people. I definitely have a lot of memories attached to several of the films . . . after Dad died it took me several years before I could even watch Lady and the Tramp again, and to this day Ariel singing "Part of Your World" makes me cry because it takes me back to a simpler time.

As I got older it became increasingly difficult to find people to discuss my obsession with Disney, especially after the public started to wind down its enthusiasm when none of their latest features topped The Lion King. By the time I joined UD in 2003 I was starving for some Disney discussions! That was under my old user name but started over with a new account in 2006 with my current one. Hand-drawn animation remains my favorite, but I carry a lot of respect and affection stop-motion as well as CG. As I mentioned in my previous post, I enjoy films from studios outside of Disney as well. I was fortunate enough to meet Bill Kroyer several years back (the director of Ferngully) and Chris Sanders more recently. I gave Mr. Sanders drawing of his that I colored and got him to sign a copy for me; I still hope he enjoyed it, lol.

Oh, and I had a Halloween honeymoon at Disneyland last year. My husband Rey isn't quite as obsessed about Disney as I am but he still enjoys it a lot and treats me to Disney goodies every so often. We're planning on catching The Lion King musical before the year's out. I'm pretty anxious about that, I've been wanting to see it for about a decade now, lol.

And on a side note, wow . . . looks like I got the first negative rep of this site on the first post of this thread. Shocked Go me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:13 am

enigmawing wrote:
Thanks, SA . . . looks like I may have to get used to calling you TSC. Cool
It'll be much much easier remember. trust me on that.

enigmawing wrote:
And on a side note, wow . . . looks like I got the first negative rep of this site on the first post of this thread. Shocked Go me! Very Happy
probably some noob didn't know wtf he/she was pressing.
Back to top Go down
enigmawing

enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 am

TSC wrote:
Lol, already know who and I'm not too worried about it. I just wonder if I get a cookie now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pineapple Wineapple

Pineapple Wineapple

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:02 am

This is belated (I've been busy), but I'm glad to see you here Wing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:02 am

TSC wrote:
enigmawing wrote:
That was me. And yes, I had no idea what I was doing.
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 am

No-Personality wrote:
TSC wrote:
enigmawing wrote:

You never have any idea what you're doing. lol
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 am

TSC wrote:
Well, excuse the hell out of me!

I made 1 simple mistake and I admitted it. Enigmawing would know that I'm sorry.

What right do you have to say anything like that, it's not funny at all.
Back to top Go down
Goliath

Goliath

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

No-Personality wrote:
TSC wrote:

I made 1 simple mistake and I admitted it. Enigmawing would know that I'm sorry.

*snicker* Actually, it is. lol!
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm

No-Personality wrote:
TSC wrote:

Chill man. I was just joking and teasing you. No need get huffy and puffy. I can understand the confusion you made.
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 pm

TSC wrote:
Chill man. I was just joking and teasing you. No need get huffy and puffy. I can understand the confusion you made.
I don't know why the hell I blew up... Oh, wait, I do. But it's not you, so: sorry for directing my anger at you. And thanks for clearing that up without just being snide or dismissive.
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 11:27 pm

LOL Lazario gave Goliath a neg.
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:34 am

Who?
Back to top Go down
enigmawing

enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:55 am

Pineapple Wineapple wrote:
This is belated (I've been busy), but I'm glad to see you here Wing Very Happy
Yay! Maybe I can call you Piney? Very Happy Your user name is much like mine, such a mouthful, lol.

No-Personality wrote:
It's all good, like I already said I'm not worried about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Goliath

Goliath

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:19 pm

TSC wrote:
LOL Lazario gave Goliath a neg.
Why would anyone pay attention to childish things like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the Evil Manager.   It's the Evil Manager. Empty

Back to top Go down

It's the Evil Manager.
Page 1 of 1