Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Censorship and Changes in Disney films

Go down 
+2
CoolZDane
blackcauldron85
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Disney Dusty

Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 3:35 am

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney Dusty wrote:
Honestly, I feel "Human Again" is the only good option to put a song back into a film, because it was planned to be in it so close to production and it's the one that makes the most sense if there should be an added scene, plus it's an original song made for the original film, not from a Broadway show.
I, too, think that "Human Again" is a good fit. I definitely understand the complaints, but I really enjoy it.  How do you feel about "Proud of Your Boy," though?  That was also planned to be in the original film, until it was cut...
"Proud of Your Boy" was cut way earlier than when they finally started animation, whereas I thought "Human Again" was planned a lot closer to when they started animation. "Proud of Your Boy" was for when Aladdin had a mother, and she was cut early, so that's why I don't think it should be in.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney Dusty wrote:
but only because everyone else wants "A Guy Like You" cut.
Shhh, I don't.    Razz  Embarassed   I understand why people don't like the gargoyles, but I enjoy them and that song.  To each their own...!
Yay, we agree on that!

Jeangreyforever, I also forgot, "In a Place of Miracles" should be in Hunchback, too![/quote]
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 2:27 pm

Disney Dusty wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney Dusty wrote:
Honestly, I feel "Human Again" is the only good option to put a song back into a film, because it was planned to be in it so close to production and it's the one that makes the most sense if there should be an added scene, plus it's an original song made for the original film, not from a Broadway show.
I, too, think that "Human Again" is a good fit. I definitely understand the complaints, but I really enjoy it.  How do you feel about "Proud of Your Boy," though?  That was also planned to be in the original film, until it was cut...
"Proud of Your Boy" was cut way earlier than when they finally started animation, whereas I thought "Human Again" was planned a lot closer to when they started animation. "Proud of Your Boy" was for when Aladdin had a mother, and she was cut early, so that's why I don't think it should be in.

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney Dusty wrote:
but only because everyone else wants "A Guy Like You" cut.
Shhh, I don't.    Razz  Embarassed   I understand why people don't like the gargoyles, but I enjoy them and that song.  To each their own...!
Yay, we agree on that!

Jeangreyforever, I also forgot, "In a Place of Miracles" should be in Hunchback, too!
Human Again was still cut out before the animation process since nothing was animated and that whole sequence had to be scrapped for Something There to exist. The change was when they realized the story issue of having Maurice lost in the woods and LeFou waiting outside the cottage, so Belle couldn't be at the castle too long.

Glad we agree on that!
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 3:17 pm

"Something There" is my favorite song in B&tB, so if it has to be a competition between ST & HA, I'd of course choose ST!
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 pm

I really like both songs but I think Something There does a better job of focusing just on Belle and the Beast and it's also the only song where we hear Beast singing so I would also pick it over Human Again.

Something There also used to be my favorite BATB song. I'm not sure I still feel that way though only because all the songs are such high quality that I don't think I can choose a favorite, specifically between Something There, Belle, and Beauty and the Beast.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 6:47 pm

Those are solid choices. "Belle (Reprise)" has always been a favorite of mine since I was a kid, but you're right- it's a really strong soundtrack for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 2:59 am

Oh, I thought "Human Again" was just closer to when they were going to animate than. "Proud of Your Boy" was. What I mean by that is that I thought the "Human" was cut a little closer to animation whereas they cut Aladdin's mother very early.

"Something There" does a way better job of telling what matters in the story than "Human Again"! There's a reason they cut "Human Again"!

I think Beauty and the Beast has Disney's best soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 11:13 pm

Disney Dusty wrote:
Oh, I thought "Human Again" was just closer to when they were going to animate than. "Proud of Your Boy" was. What I mean by that is that I thought the "Human" was cut a little closer to animation whereas they cut Aladdin's mother very early.

"Something There" does a way better job of telling what matters in the story than "Human Again"! There's a reason they cut "Human Again"!

I think Beauty and the Beast has Disney's best soundtrack!
Aladdin's mother was cut out early because it was part of a completely different draft of the movie. When they screened it, it got a lot of negative reviews (from Katzenberg I believe) who demanded that they change the movie and I think he wanted the mother out as well. Which is when the movie got an extensive overhaul. So Human Again wasn't cut out as early as that but it wasn't as late in the process as If I Never Knew You or even Be Our Guest since that song originally was sung to Maurice and fully animated. It was a late decision to change the song's placement.

Yes, I think BATB probably does have Disney's best soundtrack overall.
Back to top Go down
Disney Dusty

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 am

Oh, ok, that you for clearing that up about Aladdin's mother and Beauty and the Beast's "Human Again".

I am glad we agree on BatB's soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 4:48 pm

You're welcome!

I'm glad we agree too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Censorship and Changes in Disney films   Censorship and Changes in Disney films - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Censorship and Changes in Disney films
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2