Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pinocchio (1940) Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

Pinocchio (1940) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Pinocchio (1940) Discussion   Pinocchio (1940) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 am

For the discussion of Walt Disney's second masterpiece, Pinocchio. The film celebrated its 80th anniversary last year. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (1940) Discussion   Pinocchio (1940) Discussion EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 2:01 pm

I really hope Lego makes a set like this with Geppetto's workshop. It's amazing how accurate the exterior looks. Hope people sign to support this!
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fc43b923-1bb0-48f6-aa9f-c902b4aa8315
Back to top Go down
SirNandor

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (1940) Discussion   Pinocchio (1940) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 4:56 am

This looks great! I can see it being released as a set, with a number of adjustments.
It would likely be scaled down quite a lot, especially the roof. There's a lot of empty space there, which Lego rarely does. We'd probably lose the nook with the book, which is a shame. Jimini would probably only be included as a microfigure. A minifigure is possible in an upcoming wave of collectable figures. Honest John and Gideon would require new moulds for their heads, meaning they're likely to be cut.
If shrunk down to the proportions of the recent Winnie the Pooh-set, this would make a strong contender.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (1940) Discussion   Pinocchio (1940) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 am

SirNandor wrote:
This looks great! I can see it being released as a set, with a number of adjustments.
It would likely be scaled down quite a lot, especially the roof. There's a lot of empty space there, which Lego rarely does. We'd probably lose the nook with the book, which is a shame. Jimini would probably only be included as a microfigure. A minifigure is possible in an upcoming wave of collectable figures. Honest John and Gideon would require new moulds for their heads, meaning they're likely to be cut.
If shrunk down to the proportions of the recent Winnie the Pooh-set, this would make a strong contender.
The Sesame Street set was also scaled down so I can see the same happening here. I hope it would feature more nick-nacks and cuckoo clocks though, especially if there was some sort of mechanism to get them to all activate at once. I'd absolutely love to keep that nook with the book though. Lego does seem to like things like that though since the Winnie the Pooh set features a little nook in the top with an easter egg for The Tigger Movie. The Disney Castle features a hidden area for a storybook and the Disney Train Station also features an easter egg for the Disney Castle.

I'm not sure how they would treat Jiminy, because Chip and Dale are full-scale minifigures rather than micro-figures. Same with Tweety in the new Looney Tunes line. I'm not sure if Honest John and Gideon would be included here but I wouldn't mind them being included in a future CMF line. But I definitely think, if this set is never made, we need to get Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket or Geppetto included in the next CMF series. Representation from Snow White, Pinocchio, and Cinderella is long overdue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (1940) Discussion   Pinocchio (1940) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinocchio (1940) Discussion
Page 1 of 1