Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) Empty
PostSubject: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:51 pm

For the live-action remake of the 1940 film.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm

'Never talk with your mouth full': Luke Evans has moulds of his teeth taken for his role in the new live action Pinocchio film
https://www
.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9364021/Luke-Evans-moulds-teeth-taken-role-new-live-action-Pinocchio-film.html

I've put the link in two parts because I'm not allowed to post links yet. If you combine them, you'll be able to open it. Or maybe someone else can post the link properly.

Disney's Divinity likes this post

Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:21 pm

I'll post this on the main forum when it's back, but I thought I'd post it here too since the film's being released very soon and this might not be relevant by the time it's back. The full list of songs featured in the film has been revealed, as well as their respective performers. Alan Silvestri and Glen Ballard have written four original songs: two performed by Geppetto, one by the Coachman and one by a new character called Fabiana. It has also been confirmed only three songs from the original will be included: "When You Wish Upon a Star", "Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee" and "I've Got No Strings", so "Little Wooden Head" and "Give A Little Whistle" won't be in it. Geppetto will have two new songs instead of the one he had in the original and Jiminy Cricket apparently won't sing at all, since one of his songs has been cut and the other is now performed by the Blue Fairy. Here are the titles of the seven songs:

NEW SONGS

"When He Was Here With Me"(performed by Tom Hanks as Geppetto)
"Pinocchio Pinocchio" (performed by Tom Hanks as Geppetto)
"I Will Always Dance" (performed by Kyanne Lamaya as Fabiana)
"The Coachman to Pleasure Island" (performed by Luke Evans as The Coachman)

NEW VERSIONS OF SONGS FROM THE ORIGINAL

"When You Wish Upon a Star" (performed by Cynthia Erivo as the Blue Fairy)
"Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee (An Actor's Life For Me)" (performed by Keegan-Michael Key as Honest John)
"I've Got No Strings" (performed by Benjamin Evan Ainsworth as Pinocchio)

Here's also a new promo:

Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Wow, I didn't know Pinocchio was coming out so soon. I thought it was still some months away! Looking forward to seeing it. Very Happy Disappointing about "Little Wooden Head" and "Give a Little Whistle." That said, at least the best songs are still there (WYWUaS and I've Got No Strings). That's how I felt about the Mulan remake, too--I would've been fine if "Reflection" and "I'll Make a Man Out of You" at least had been included, although I always loved "Honor to Us All," too.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:27 pm

Personally, I'm especially disappointed they didn't include "Give a Little Whistle" (which, as I once said, is my favorite song from the film after "When You Whish Upon a Star") mainly because they didn't thought it was iconic enough to keep. But I guess they needed to cut some songs to make room for the new ones they wanted to have. Anyway, they can't cut any songs from the original, and that's all that matters.

By the way, apparently, the review embargo for the film lifts the same day it's released on Disney+, while the social media one (first reactions) the day before. That's not very encouraging. Maybe it's better not to have too high expectations just in case.

And here's another promo:

Back to top Go down
Farerb

Farerb

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 4:52 am

D82 wrote:

By the way, apparently, the review embargo for the film lifts the same day it's released on Disney+, while the social media one (first reactions) the day before. That's not very encouraging. Maybe it's better not to have too high expectations just in case.

It's usually a bad sign. That and the marketing hasn't been as aggressive as other D+ films like Chip 'n' Dale.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 4:48 pm

First clip:

Watch Jiminy Cricket become Pinocchio's conscience in an exclusive clip from Disney+'s live-action remake
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pinocchio-clip-disney-plus-cynthia-erivo-joseph-gordon-levitt-blue-fairy-jiminy-cricket-160023145.html

Farerb wrote:
It's usually a bad sign. That and the marketing hasn't been as aggressive as other D+ films like Chip 'n' Dale.
Yeah, the marketing campaign has started quite late. The first full trailer wasn't released until two weeks before the film's release. But I don't think I've ever seen the review embargo for a movie lift the same day of the release. The closest I had seen was the day before, which I think happened with The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, for example, and that film got terrible reviews. Although, Pinocchio is released on Disney+ Day and the whole purpose of that event is to get new subscribers, so maybe the movie is not that bad, but they don't want to risk getting lukewarm reviews for the main attraction of the event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)   Pinocchio (Live-Action Film) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinocchio (Live-Action Film)
Page 1 of 1