Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Avengers -May 4, 2012-

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbossa

Barbossa

The Avengers -May 4, 2012- Empty
PostSubject: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm

New trailer posted today!

Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

I know that no one asked for it but... here it comes anyway (what I think):

Gee, how "exciting". Another movie where "exciting" things happen. I'm so "excited" at the prospect of becoming "excited". Movies today are so "exciting."

I just wonder, since this is so "exciting," what it could possibly be missing. Oh, wait... how about something the slightest bit unique to distinguish it from the dozen movies exactly like it that came out last week I MEAN : month.
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Lazario is being jelly of the awesomeness of Marvel's The Avengers.
Back to top Go down
PixarFan88

PixarFan88

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:53 pm

DISREGARD DISREGARD DISREGARD DISREGARD

Last edited by PixarFan88 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:35 pm

TSC wrote:
Not as much as I'm being critical of the ability for anything to be awesome after the overabundance we get of these genre movies every single week (I MEAN : month). I'm kind of bored of how many pedal-to-the-metal action/sci-fi/adventure/loud movies studios keep releasing and expecting the public to be excited for them (didn't you see any one of the last 44,888 movies just like them that have been released since the mid-90's?). Most of them forget to do anything interesting beyond fast paces and incredibly loud sound, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Xaryen

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 am

PixarFan88 wrote:
Putting all these superheroes in one movie together seems like a recipe for disaster, plotwise. It just sounds like a mess.

Um. Have you never read an Avengers comic book? It's what it is... a group of super heroes... It's been a recipe of awesome for... what, 40+ years? lol

PixarFan88 wrote:
and Stan Lee appearing as a cameo(Who does he think he is, Alfred Hitchcock?).

Don't mess with Stan "The Man" Lee! He's the shit! I give that man a great deal of respect for him and Jack Kirby bringing to the world my favorite super heroes.

PixarFan88 wrote:
Some of them are pretty good such as X-Men First Class

X-Men First Class was shit. As was X3 and Spider-Man 3.
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 am

PixarFan88 wrote:
Stan Lee appearing as a cameo(Who does he think he is, Alfred Hitchcock?).
Do you even know who Stan Lee is? This is the man, along with the late Jack Kirby and Steve Dirko, who help shape the way Marvel became.

No-Personality wrote:
TSC wrote:
Not as much as I'm being critical of the ability for anything to be awesome after the overabundance we get of these genre movies every single week (I MEAN : month). I'm kind of bored of how many pedal-to-the-metal action/sci-fi/adventure/loud movies studios keep releasing and expecting the public to be excited for them (didn't you see any one of the last 44,888 movies just like them that have been released since the mid-90's?). Most of them forget to do anything interesting beyond fast paces and incredibly loud sound, anyway.

Except for fact the the movies that lead to this one: Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor got good critical acclaims. This is why people have high hope for it.
Back to top Go down
PixarFan88

PixarFan88

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

I want to start off by saying in response to TSC (and Xaryen), that I do know who Stan Lee is. I am just talking about that the way he appears as a cameo in almost all the movie adaptations of his comic books and how it seems similar to how Alfred Hitchcock appears as a cameo in his movies (maybe I should've worded it better).

Xaryen, I admit I never actually read any of the Avengers comics, so I don't know how it will actually turn out. I guess it could work. I could try to find a collection of the comics someday to get a better idea of what it is like (if it even exists, like the x-men, batman (which is dc, I know) and spider-man anthology sets). Also, I am sorry if you didn't like the new X-men movie, but you didn't have to quote it and insult me about it.
Back to top Go down
Xaryen

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Lmao, I didn't insult you, I said the MOVIE was shit, buddy. Smile
Back to top Go down
PixarFan88

PixarFan88

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:47 pm

I can understand why you did not like it. You seem to enjoy comic books more than comic book movies. What parts of the movie did you not like? I admit, I only saw the movie once and I really did not pay much attention to it that time. I head some people were not happy that some of the characters and storylines from the early comics (which I am not familiar with) were changed (Since this is supposed to be a reboot/prequel).
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 pm

X-Men First Class was good. It was X3 and Wolverine Origin that was shit.

Spidey 3 was bad too.

I'm more with the X-Men comics (especially the early 90's ones) rather than the movies.

I went to comic con friday and saturday.

I got to me one of my biggest inspiration artist for my Drawings, J. Scott Campbell (gave me great tips and did some drawing examples on my sketchbooks for me to learn and study)

Brought some 90's x-men comic and a statue of one of my favorite X-Men character:

The Avengers -May 4, 2012- 900221_press02-001

Last edited by TSC on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xaryen

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 pm

PixarFan88 wrote:
I can understand why you did not like it. You seem to enjoy comic books more than comic book movies. What parts of the movie did you not like? I admit, I only saw the movie once and I really did not pay much attention to it that time. I head some people were not happy that some of the characters and storylines from the early comics (which I am not familiar with) were changed (Since this is supposed to be a reboot/prequel).

I enjoy both comics and movies. I just don't enjoy movies that suck lol. Now I'm all for some movies that take some liberty with licenses, such as X-Men for example. But First Class was just a disaster. The timeline for everything was all wrong, the characters were all wrong, the continuity was COMPLETELY off within their own X-World of movies. It was just bad. I'd literally have to type you paragraphs to explain it all and I don't have the time for it lol.
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:53 am

TSC wrote:
No-Personality wrote:
TSC wrote:
Except for fact the the movies that lead to this one: Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor got good critical acclaims. This is why people have high hope for it.
I admit I have no specific appreciation for Marvel, their comic creations, or this line of adaptations. But I still don't get how people can watch the same exact kind of film over and over and think it's different.
Back to top Go down
TSC

TSC

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:07 pm

No-Personality wrote:

I admit I have no specific appreciation for Marvel, their comic creations, or this line of adaptations. But I still don't get how people can watch the same exact kind of film over and over and think it's different.

By that logic, I don't get how people can watch horror films, as they seems be exact kind of film, over and over again and think it's different.

Since you admit you're not into comic book genre or Marvel, I don't think you should be making judgement on it. Just as I shouldn't make judgement on Horror films since I don't watch or care for the genre.
Back to top Go down
No-Personality

No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 pm

TSC wrote:
No-Personality wrote:
By that logic, I don't get how people can watch horror films, as they seems be exact kind of film, over and over again and think it's different.

Since you admit you're not into comic book genre or Marvel, I don't think you should be making judgement on it. Just as I shouldn't make judgement on Horror films since I don't watch or care for the genre.
This is interesting- I'll bet you thought my response to that would be to try and invoke a double-standard that let horror slide off the hook. You're right, horror has been exactly like this for the last 12-13 years. In some people's eyes, it's been more like 20 years but I say the last decade. And no one's been more vocal about it than me. Of course, if you expect that argument to apply to horror from the 60's, 70's, and 80's- you'll have your work cut out for you. As a matter of fact, horror just from 1990 to 1996 advanced SO MUCH FURTHER than these mainstream adventure-fantasy-sci fi-action blockbusters have from, let's say, 1995-2011!!! And even then, I still can't be bothered to care about the true innovators of this time in the genre- Sam Raimi's Spiderman and Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings franchises. Oh, and perhaps a few of the Harry Potters.

Horror as a genre is much more about the people who live in the times the films are made in, the action-adventure movies are about their trends. Horror gets much deeper in cracking the surface. This usually means horror is the most potent genre, but the last 12-13 years, it's been about documenting how incredibly unsophisticated, superficial, shallow, and just plain stupid we've become. Not that your films aren't doing the same thing. Only catch is: I believe it just might be that the action-adventure genre sunk about as low as it could 11-12 years ago with the likes of Gone in 60 Seconds and Armageddon. That I will admit. These Marvel movies are, at best, trying to defibrilate that tired old cadaver: the action-adventure film. They're still just blips on the map. Meanwhile, I promise you, as much as I still hate the last decade of returns, horror remains perhaps the single most beloved genre of films there is. For proof of this, I give you :

The Avengers -May 4, 2012- IMDbBoards1

As you can see, Animation is the #2 highest posted in board with 2,503 posts. Horror is #1 with a total of 56,807 posts. That's a difference of 54,304 posts while the difference between and 2nd and 3rd most popular board is 262 posts. HUGE FRICKIN' difference if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers -May 4, 2012-   The Avengers -May 4, 2012- Empty

Back to top Go down

The Avengers -May 4, 2012-
Page 1 of 1