Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film) Empty
PostSubject: The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film)   The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:26 am

For the discussion of the live-action remake of Disney's The Lion King (1994).
Back to top Go down
AuroraJasmine

AuroraJasmine

PostSubject: My review!   The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 1:16 pm

Here's my review or rather my critic...

I thought it was a little too realistic, I barely laughed once during the film. Only on one-off occassions do I watch animal wildlife documentaries in the natural world. So for the most part I found this movie boring. I disliked the uncensored fart joke. Although the cubs were cute, the lions looked too similar. I preferred the individual different looks in the original movie, to show their difference in personality. Different colours as well. The scene about how Simba’s hair reaching Rafiki was stretched too long. Whatever happened to the mournful lightly spiritual scene from the original? I would’ve much preferred a colours of wind like sequence than what I watched.

IMO Rafiki should have had subtitles when he wasn’t speaking in English. Scar wasn’t evilly dramatic or elegant enough. Mufasa’s death wasn’t powerful enough. I was disappointed. Such an important scene gone to waste. I disliked the tone and shortening of Be Prepared. I did like the hyena scenes, I just wish they had focused on the main three more. Those three got more dialogue in the original movie. My favourite scenes were cut from the remake. And the thing that bothered me to most was the fact that "Can you feel the love tonight" was visually shown in the daytime!

I enjoyed the music though. Always do. Which brings me to another point. Again Mufasa’s death scene. The lack of emotion from characters doesn’t match up with the powerful and emotional music. I liked seeing other animals living with Timon and Pumbaa. I liked their singalong to the Lion sleeps Tonight. That’s something that didn’t make sense in the original. It was hard to believe that only two then three animals lived alone together in the jungle. I liked Nala’s extra scenes. At times I was wondering if they were going to add content from the broadway version. I haven’t actually seen it but I do have the broadway version soundtrack. That soundtrack has dialogue in The Madness of King Scar song. So within the live action version Scar asks Sarabi to be his queen and that sounded wrong to me because I've listened to broadway version over and over again generating head canon of Scar asking Nala to be his queen instead. But looking from a cinema audience angle, Scar asking Nala to be his queen would been seen as creepy!

I give this a 1 out of 10 in ranking!
Back to top Go down
https://www.quotev.com/midnightfairy
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film)   The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 pm

The only characters I liked in this were Timon & Pumbaa because they weren't that different from the original movie. Mufasa had the same voice actor but James Earl Jones sounded so bored and disinterested here repeating those same lines. I only saw the movie once in theaters so I can't remember now if I felt the lions looked too similar, I think I did feel that. I heard a lot of complaints about the journey of Simba's hair as well.

Scar was a huge letdown especially his version of Be Prepared. I did like the new take on Shenzi though but she felt underdeveloped. A lot of people also were upset that Can You Feel the Love Tonight was set in daylight, not sure why they did that.

I really like The Madness of King Scar scene which was a deleted scene from the original movie but this remake didn't do it justice either. Overall very unforgettable and I have no idea how it grossed as much as it did, even with the popularity of the IP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film)   The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lion King (2019 Live-Action Film)
Page 1 of 1