Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 1:33 am

For the discussion of the second film in the Walt Disney company's Silver Age, Alice in Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 1:42 pm

I'm a huge Lego fan and I found this on YouTube and was shocked at how amazing this concept is. The designer was able to condense all of Wonderland into one great playset and the Alice exterior (to represent her dreamworld) is impeccably done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdmfCW-tj4I

For anyone interested, consider supporting this project with a signature if you have a Lego account. If any submission gets 10,000 signatures, Lego considers making it into an official set (that's how Steamboat Willie was made and the Seven Dwarfs Cottage is currently up for review).
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0435ae33-1900-4074-bd65-13ac4f62b6a4

EDIT: Actually I found out that this designer is also the same person who designed the Steamboat Willie set I mentioned above! That's so cool that he got one classic Disney set created and I really hope he succeeds again with this.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 4:35 am

Wow, that set is really impressive! I'm not a big Lego fan and I don't have an account there, but I hope it gets the signatures it needs to become an official set.
Back to top Go down
SirNandor

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 4:52 am

This set is truly amazing and shows what you can do with Lego. I love how it captures so many scenes from the movie.
The creepy front/back remind me of these types of sets from the '90s: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/polly-pocket-ariel-mermaid-portrait-462742166
Back to top Go down
jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 4:57 am

D82 wrote:
Wow, that set is really impressive! I'm not a big Lego fan and I don't have an account there, but I hope it gets the signatures it needs to become an official set.
It's halfway there and has more than a year to meet the deadline so I think it's possible. Especially since the creator already did get 10,000 votes once before for the Steamboat Willie concept and he succeeded in getting that made into a Lego set (I'll probably have to find that on Ebay since it's retired now).

SirNandor wrote:
This set is truly amazing and shows what you can do with Lego. I love how it captures so many scenes from the movie.
The creepy front/back remind me of these types of sets from the '90s: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/polly-pocket-ariel-mermaid-portrait-462742166
It absolutely astounds me how he was able to fit all the pivotal scenes in order, while using Alice's face as a backdrop, and getting all the different mechanisms to line up.

I used to love those Polly Pocket sets from the 90s. Disney and Star Wars sets tended to use the characters' faces, such as the Ariel one you linked to, which opened up to reveal the playset inside.
Back to top Go down
D82

D82

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion EmptySat May 01, 2021 1:47 am

jeangreyforever wrote:
It's halfway there and has more than a year to meet the deadline so I think it's possible. Especially since the creator already did get 10,000 votes once before for the Steamboat Willie concept and he succeeded in getting that made into a Lego set (I'll probably have to find that on Ebay since it's retired now).

I'm glad about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion   Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Alice in Wonderland (1951) Discussion
Page 1 of 1