HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Frankenollie

PostSubject: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm more than a little irked that my "If there is a Sitepocalypse..." thread was locked; I didn't get a chance to reply to the vile Pink Renata. I agree 110% with everything Goliath said before CJ locked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onethousandandonemovienights.blogspot.com/
enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I've continued the discussion in the Debate Corner of this forum (I'd directly link but am unable to yet).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Frankenollie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Thank you for informing me of this, Enigmawing. Smile
Back to top Go down
DisneyAnimation88

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:02 pm

I'm not happy with the way the moderators at UD have reacted to the new forum. Why should we feel bad for trying to ensure that an online community does not fall apart if UD does close? I have to agree whole-heartedly with Goliath, especially his point about enigmawing's offers and suggestions of help being ignored; I'm also shocked that a moderator at UD would be so tactless as to tell enigmawing that offering her own and her husband's services was adding to the stress. I think Heartless should be commended on having the initiative and enthusiasm to take the time to create this forum so that those of us who have communicated for some time on UD have a platform to continue to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:13 pm

I don't think pinkrenata was vile by any means. I believe the only reason she posted anything is because Luke probably felt members were abandoning the site, even though that wasn't the point of the thread. I believe she was trying to say something so Luke wouldn't feel quite as bad about the situation.

I've asked Luke about a backup "forum" before in the sitepocalypse threads, but he's never responded. I personally think he is more worried about the site and wasn't really concerned about the forum (he rarely visits, and most of the old members from the beginning have left, like Escapay). Regardless, I'm glad there's a backup instead of one day the dvdizzy.com links don't work and the entire community is scattered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TSC

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:40 pm

yea, CJ love closing shit. I bet she love closing doors, drawers, closets, and does it about 5 times each a day. Also love locking shit.

She should be a prison security guard.

So much butthurt going around in UD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Frankenollie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I don't think pinkrenata was vile by any means. I believe the only reason she posted anything is because Luke probably felt members were abandoning the site, even though that wasn't the point of the thread. I believe she was trying to say something so Luke wouldn't feel quite as bad about the situation.

I would have respected her opinion...if she hadn't called this, and I quote, "some cheap alternative forum." I appreciate the time and effort Heartless has put into this, unlike that @!%&£$^ @*&$".

@TSC: Laughing
Back to top Go down
enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

As I've implied over in the "what if" thread, I know from experience that moderation can be a tough, thankless job that often gets picked apart. I've long figured CJ's way of handling things had to do with her personal issues and lack of time; I only bring this up now since she just recently addressed the issues publicly herself. Unfortunately, a lack of time and interest in the forum seems to be an issue for most of the staff there anymore.

I agree that the reaction to the creation of this forum is disappointing, especially when it was clearly spelled out that the intention was for it be a back-up and never as a replacement/alternative of the existing forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarred4life

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:15 pm

I can't understand why anyone would be upset about this new forum opening. Heartless clearly, clearly stated that this was not a replacement forum, that he wasn't trying to takeover what Luke has done. Calling this a cheap, alternative forum is extremely offensive to Heartless who has taken time to do us all a huge favour. I don't think anyone who has joined this new forum has stopped visiting UD. The only reason this new forum was created was to preserve the atmosphere at UD, so this clearly isn't an effort to abandon UD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Frankenollie

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Scarred4life wrote:
I can't understand why anyone would be upset about this new forum opening. Heartless clearly, clearly stated that this was not a replacement forum, that he wasn't trying to takeover what Luke has done. Calling this a cheap, alternative forum is extremely offensive to Heartless who has taken time to do us all a huge favour. I don't think anyone who has joined this new forum has stopped visiting UD. The only reason this new forum was created was to preserve the atmosphere at UD, so this clearly isn't an effort to abandon UD.

^ This.
Back to top Go down
PixarFan88

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 pm

I think the only reason some forums or topics were closed on UD was because of the incessant bickering between other members (which, honestly, I rarely take the time to read). I think a discussion should only be closed if it veers off the original, intended topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goliath

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I'm sure glad Heartless created this new forum as a back-up for UD.

I don't think pinkrenata is "vile", but her comments were, in my opinion. I think CJ's reaction is understandable, though I don't agree with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaryen

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:17 am

Fuck UD. They close shit left and right. If someone expresses some passion in a post, LOCKED! Two people are having an argument, LOCKED! It makes UD and/or the mods look bad, LOCKED! That's one of the reasons why I've been absent from UD for the past... 3 years, I think it is? I mean, there are other reasons, but one of them being that the mods there are complete assholes. That place started going downhill the day DVDizzy was "merged" with UD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?   

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else sick of the locking of threads at UD?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disney Mania :: Backstage :: General Discussions-
Jump to: