Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U.S. Politics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

U.S. Politics Empty
PostSubject: U.S. Politics   U.S. Politics EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:18 pm

I read something the other day about a poll in New Hampshire asking who Democratic voters would like to be the candidate if Biden didn't seek re-election. The three options were "Kamala Harris," "Somebody else," "Undecided." Kamala received around 42%, from what I remember. It made me wonder if the party is putting feelers out because Biden might not run again. Personally, I don't hate Biden, but I would love if he stepped back and let some other Democrat run. I guess I've felt sort of deflated about politics for a while now. Although we got rid of Trump, I don't really feel like Democrats "won" anything else. At least I was inspired by Obama and Hillary.

I guess I sort of feel like Kamala Harris won't win an election if she's following Biden. :X One party just doesn't stay in power that long, and it'll be hard watching her go down like HRC did. Which means if Biden runs again, it could be 2036 before potentially another, better Dem candidate is up there with an actual shot to win. If/when Kamala loses, I just hope Pete Buttigieg or Gretchen Whitmer will be the next candidates to get up there. I'd love for either one of them to be president one day. I find them both impressive. Stacey Abrams wouldn't be bad either.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

U.S. Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.S. Politics   U.S. Politics EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Why don't people like Kamala? Do you think any Dem woman has as much chance as a man to win?
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney's Divinity

U.S. Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.S. Politics   U.S. Politics EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:59 pm

I don't think it's about Kamala specifically. Her favorables are good at the present. I just think even a male Dem following eight years of another Dem in office would lose, but a woman will get that blowback even worse since women can never win on the national stage. That's why I'm just not going to get my hopes up with a woman being the nominee in 2028, because whoever is the Democrat nominee that year will probably lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

U.S. Politics Empty
PostSubject: Re: U.S. Politics   U.S. Politics Empty

Back to top Go down

U.S. Politics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disney Mania :: Downtown Disney :: Debate Corner-
Jump to: