Disney Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Funko Pop Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Disney's Divinity

Funko Pop Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 5:48 pm

I recently bought a cheap camera. It has poor quality, but I should be able to take pictures of my "collection" now. Smile Here's an image where I spliced together a bunch of different photos together of different things I have (including some of my Funko):

https://i.imgur.com/dhXwyx6.png

That's not all my Funko. I have a couple of other wall-shelves with more of my Kingdom Hearts and The Little Mermaid pops lined up, plus Sailor Moon. I have the original Maleficent pop with the KH stuff. Razz

My current To-Buy List: Ariel (Ultimate Disney), Namaari, Sisu, Vapporeon, Geppetto, the Blue Fairy, Figaro & Cleo, the Queen and King of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit. *Possible* the Enchantress depending how the pop looks.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 2:53 pm

To add some new discussion point since the pictures of the Enchantress pop hasn't been revealed yet that I know of, I thought maybe any collectors could talk about what their five / ten-ish favorite pops that they own are? I'll start.

Giant Ursula
Tiana (Bayou Wedding Dress)
Ursula (the first one)
Maleficent (the one with fire surrounding her, imitating the end of the coronation scene)
The Cruella Ride
Wedding Ariel & Eric
Sora (Halloween and Christmas Town variants / KH & The Nightmare Before Christmas)
Riku (KH3)
Neo-Queen Serenity, King Endymion, and Small Lady 3-pack
Donald & Goofy (KH Court Wizard & Knight Variants)
Hercules & Pegasus Ride
Mrs. Potts & Chip
Kiss the Girl Movie Moment
Hades, Mulan (Matchmaker Variant), Snow White (rags variant), Aladdin (Prince Ali variant), Sora (KH Final Form variant), Queen Beryl, Dark Lady

Most rare items I own
: I supposes it's either Minnie Mouse (the red polka dot variant unofficially through GameStop), Cat Yzma, and Dark Lady (SM). The latter two were from those rare release events--cons?
else rare I have are simply
Pops I've Missed Out On: Donald & Goofy (Halloween Town / The Nightmare Before Christmas variants). Marshmallow Pop (which came as a three-pack). And I didn't get in the mind to buy Shere Khan or Prince John until it was too late. Hopefully they'll have new versions of those characters eventually. I've always wanted a pop of Marshmallow wearing Elsa's tiara anyway.
Most-Wanted Pops: Tiana (White Dress w/ Fur and Hair Feather), Naveen (Bayou Wedding), Merlin, Lady Tremaine, The Titans from Hercules, King Triton Pop Ride (Dolphin Carriage), Jim Hawkins Surfboard Pop Ride, Riku (KH1, Org. cloak, & Heartless Suit variants),  Queen Nehelenia & the Amazon Trio (Sailor Moon), Palmon & Lilymon (Digimon), the entire Final Fantasy IX cast but most of all Kuja in Trance (FF), Lulu & Balthier (FF), Hillary (Purple / Black Concession & Suffragette White Pantsuit outfits), all the versions of Hexadecimal (ReBoot--these last two are just my wish-on-a-star pops Laughing ),
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 pm

Burger King cups!! I can't make out who is in the very top left photo.

I don't really have much space at all left in my cabinet where I keep my Pops and collectibles, so I have some Pops just sitting in boxes, but eventually when it's sorted I can maybe take a photo.

My favorite Pops are my Horned King & Taran Pops, obviously. I love my Kuzco, Pacha, Kronk, & Yzma Pops, too.

I *just* ordered Olivia Flaversham; I had pre-ordered Basil and Olivia, but canceled the order when I was low on $, but I just bought Olivia and am awaiting her in the mail.

For your Most-Wanted Pops list, are those existing Pops or just ones you hope that they'll make?
Back to top Go down
https://animationresearchavenue.blogspot.com/
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 1:35 pm

Quote :
I can't make out who is in the very top left photo.
Left to right: Kiss the Girl Movie Moment, Sora on top of Heartless (KH GameStop), the Part of Your World Disney Treasure, and the A Whole New World Movie Moment. Smile

Quote :
For your Most-Wanted Pops list, are those existing Pops or just ones you hope that they'll make?
Ones I'd like to be made.
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 1:49 pm

Thank you! I originally looked at it on my computer, but with your descriptions and tilting it on my phone, I see them now!!
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 6:05 pm

My Cheshire Cat PIAB Standing on Head pop came today unexpectedly (I haven't checked my e-mail in a while, I guess)!! It looks soooo cuute. The paintjob is really nice, too. I've picked up several pops recently I'd been waiting around on--Ariel with Bag, Gaston Formal, Wart (the basic pop). Got those last two Used through Amazon Warehouse for something around $8 and $6 respectively, and they seemed fine (including the boxes).

I got Merlin a little while back and it's so nice, too. The Wart pop annoys me, because it requires a stand to stand... They could've made his legs / feet so it would stand on its own. *eyeroll* So the only TSitS pop I don't have is the Mim Dragon chase... Sad Ariel with Bag was one of those I always intended to get, but never got around to it (I thought the weird stand would be too odd). I finally got around to it because there's a translucent version out and reminded me of it. It turned out to look nicer than I expected.

I haven't been on DisTracker Twitter to see if anything new has been revealed. I think the last thing I've seen was the Pop! Movie Cover for Hercules, which was disappointing. It's just the old Hercules pop with him holding his sword. :/ Pass.

blackcauldron85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Apparently there's a Mama Odie pop finally. Here's a picture: https://twitter.com/DisTrackers/status/1520616001779339264    
Oddly enough, I've read copies were already sent to BoxLunch, but were recalled for some reason (not given). I assume it'll still come eventually though. My guess it was being recalled because her name was mispelled as "Odi" rather than "Odie." If that's why, I hope they also correct the latter portion, too, that she's "with Juju" rather than "with Snake" while they're at it. Wink

For people who don't know, there's a Bambi pop at the SDCC event coming up. It's of him in the iconic pose with the butterfly on his tail. I've personally never liked their molds for the Bambi characters or for a lot of animal characters really, but wanted to let people know who liked them. Also at the SDCC, there's a Anastasia Diamond pop. Yes, the animated Anastasia (Don Bluth film). She's dressed in the huge dress and tiara from the very end of the movie. It's a "Diamond" variant with glitter, so I assume a regular copy will come eventually? I'd get a non-glitter version if they ever release them, but I'm not going through the trouble of getting a SDCC figure that's a glitter version.

If they do make more from Anastasia eventually, the black dress with white arm-length gloves when her hair's in a bun was always my favorite outfit in the movie.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blackcauldron85

blackcauldron85

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 3:04 am

Crazy how a box got made with wrong spelling. And I agree about "Juju" (and how cute is he here?). I definitely love this. Wish they make even more TP+tF Pops! I reckon they will when the new ride opens...
Back to top Go down
unprincess

unprincess

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 pm

oh-that Mama Odie is cute! Disney Wise Old Ladies are such great characters.

I would really love a Bambi Pop but they keep giving him that square head. They need to stop doing that for their cute animal characters, it just doesn't work. The Box Lunch exclusive Thumper is much cuter bc it has a rounder head.

OMG thy made an Anastasia pop!!! If they release a non glitter one I might just have to get her. I really wish they'd release more merch of that film, it should be celebrating an anniversary this year since Hercules is celebrating its 30th and it came out the same year.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 8:01 pm

I hope DVDizzy will be back soon... It's been so boring without it. Anyway~

My Ursula Throne pop came today! I had got an e-mail that it would be shipping soon, but I only had just yesterday checked my e-mail to see it. I couldn't help thinking the timing of it coming when I pre-ordered it half a year ago is so funny, what with Pat Carroll having passed a few days ago. Sad  It's such a cute pop, looks much better in person than in the pictures. I got an update about the Evil Queen Throne pop, but it says it's not coming until later this month still.

You know the little cardboard pictures they have behind the pops? This one's really strange. It's a picture of Ursula from her last moments onscreen (when she pulls back to throw the trident down at Ariel), except it's only showing one side of her face and has the sort of look as if it's supposedly to be a "glitched" photo in a way? Odd, but I don't hate it. I just would've thought it would be a picture of the inside of her lair, you know? Makes me wonder what pictures will be with the other Throne pops?

EDIT: I don't know if this was ever posted, but the Lilo & Stitch pop is very cute: https://i.imgur.com/csX2waK.png
Back to top Go down
unprincess

unprincess

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 1:02 am

my favorite Stitch POP is the one with the ducklings. I also like the one with him on the fake rocket. I dont have either of them though, dont really collect Stitch stuff.
Back to top Go down
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:04 pm

I bought the Scar and Hyenas pop (which I think of as close to being a "throne" for Scar as there could be) a couple of days ago. It looks nice and I regret not buying the hyenas 3-pack several years ago anyway... The TLK VHS cover pop (Simba on Pride Rock) has been delayed and delayed in the past, but it says it's supposed to be here Monday now. I wonder if that's why it was delayed--to come out at the same time as this Scar pop? We'll see if it actually ships. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funko Pop Discussion   Funko Pop Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Funko Pop Discussion
Page 1 of 1