HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barbossa

PostSubject: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:55 pm

What was your first CD, DVD, Disney DVD, Blu-Ray, Disney Blu-Ray, 3D-Blu-Ray?

CD: Aerosmith Greatest Hits
DVD: Can't remember
Disney DVD: Robin Hood Most Wanted Edition and Peter Pan Platinum Edition - bought both at the same time
Blu-Ray: National Treasure (thru DMR)
3D Blu-Ray: A Christmas Carol (Disney)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 pm

CD: Soul Asylum: Grave Dancer's Union (first owned); Def Leppard: Vault (first purchase)
DVD: The Sailor Moon R Movie
Disney DVD: The Little Mermaid (1999 Limited Issue)
Blu-Ray: The Princess and the Frog (combo pack)
3D Blu-Ray: n/a
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Regarding 3D Blu-Rays; I don't have a 3D TV yet, but the player I got is 3D capable - it was the Sony avaialbe thru Disney Movie Rewards last year. The only 3D Blu-Rays I got so far are all Disney - thanks to the DMR coupons. this includes: A Christmas Carol, Tangled, TRON Legacy, and The Lion King.

The coupons usually make the 3D combos $2 less than the 2D combos during the initial week of release. I'm not sure if I'll eventually upgrade BatB to the 3D combo - should make up my mind soon as I think that's the one going back in the vault in early 2012.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:18 pm

We bought an HD TV this year and opted out of a 3D option due to the price difference, and I'm sure it will be a while before we pick up another TV. We may consider picking up a 3D capable laptop one of these days though, so I hope I don't regret not picking up any 3D discs thus far. If I do, i'll mostly be interested in hand-drawn titles like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disney's Divinity

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:24 am

The first CD I ever bought myself (aka, with my own money) was Natasha Bedingfield’s first album, which I still mostly enjoy. Her later albums haven’t lived up to it, unfortunately.

My first DVD and Blu-Ray was actually Beauty and the Beast both times, strangely. Although I bought the TP&TF DVD/Blu-Ray combo. I haven't bought any non-Disney Blu-Rays yet (poorness), but my first non-Disney DVD was probably a Harry Potter film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No-Personality

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:54 am

CD: Mighty Morphin Power Ranges - The Movie Soundtrack
DVD: Got about ... 5 for Christmas in 2001 and I can't remember which I opened first. But I guess if you want to know which I bought on my own first, that would be Heathers - the THX disc. At Wal-Mart, they had all 5 of the alternate covers (Blue: Veronica, Red: Heather Chandler, Yellow: Heather McNamara, Green: Heather Duke, Black: JD). I bought the Red Heather Chandler cover.
Disney DVD: Bambi - Platinum (only I discovered late that it was a bootleg, so I need to replace it)
Blu-Ray: I still don't own an HD TV.

Last edited by No-Personality on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Frankenollie

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

CD: N/A
DVD: Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf Embarassed
Disney DVD: Aladdin Platinum Edition
Blu-Ray: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition
3D Blu-Ray: I haven't bought one and I never will
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onethousandandonemovienights.blogspot.com/
Scarred4life

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 pm

CD: Can't remember
DVD: Finding Nemo
Disney DVD: Finding Nemo
Blu-Ray: Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition
3D Blu-Ray: N/A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PixarFan88

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:26 pm

CD: Cannot remember
DVD: Big Daddy
Disney DVD: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Blu-Ray: Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition (I think)
Blu-Ray 3D: None, as I do not own a HD3D TV and I never will

Back to top Go down
View user profile
singerguy04

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:45 pm

CD: TLC- Crazy, Sexy, Cool
DVD: My mother got me both Shrek and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs PE
Disney DVD: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs PE
Blu-ray: Sleeping Beauty PE
Blu-ray 3D: Tangled
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=48700680
Xaryen

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:12 am

CD: Can't remember. But I actually think it was a Disney "rap" CD that had the Fab Five and other celebs doing covers of popular songs of the time, circa 1998.

DVD: Spider-Man 1, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition, and X-Men 1.5. Got them all at once.

Disney DVD: My parents bought me The Lion King Platinum Edition to make up for the fact that they'd given away my VHS copy to my little cousin (without my permission!).

Blu-Ray: The Dark Knight.

3D Blu-Ray: Rapunzel Tangled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Xaryen wrote:
CD: Can't remember. But I actually think it was a Disney "rap" CD that had the Fab Five and other celebs doing covers of popular songs of the time, circa 1998.
This was my first guess, one of my friends used to have it. Very Happy

And speaking of old, who here remembers their first Disney VHS? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaryen

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:00 pm

YES!!!! That's the CD!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
enigmawing

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Xaryen wrote:
YES!!!! That's the CD!!!
I always liked Ducks in the Hood and U Can't Botch This. Cool That was a fun era for Disney albums, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarred4life

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 pm

enigmawing wrote:

Not VHS, but I remember my first cassette, it was the Little Mermaid Soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr Frankenollie

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:44 pm

enigmawing wrote:

I do, I do, I do! (Well, my parents do...)

It was The Jungle Book, which I still adore and see as one of the greatest DACs ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.onethousandandonemovienights.blogspot.com/
Wonderlandfever

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:59 pm

CD: TLC 's CrazySexyCool
DVD: Either Sleepy Hollow or The Haunting I think I got them both at the same time
Disney DVD: Lady and the Tramp
Blu-Ray: Sleeping Beauty
3D Blu-Ray: Alice in Wonderland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?   

Back to top Go down

What was your first CD, DVD Blu-Ray, 3D Blu- Ray?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disney Mania :: Disney Studios :: Disney DVD & Blu-ray Discussion-
Jump to: